36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Smash Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Another Glee type show

Pilot

Karen was rather refreshing for the audition since she went casual but i have to say not matter how hard i try to hate this episode she really quite likeable character and on top of that she's underdog so i liked how she did private audition with some integrity and walked out. The only reason i watched this i finished watching all my daily show and i had some free time to kill so i gave this a shot. It's certainly more grown up than Glee which is great.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

Yeah Glee was made because success of high school musical glad someone thought making adult or grown up version for people who actually like musicals

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 2-18-2012 17:36  
Derek does seem to have Ivy and Karen jumping through hoops for the role but the way Dev reacted when Karen was late was predictable and with Ivy sleeping with him i was wasn't surprised she got the p ...
Yeah i have feel it will eventually come out but i do one question why not make her the understudy?

Enter Mr. DiMaggio

Well finding out the actor who might play Mr Dimaggio actually had an affair with one of writers is also interesting. This really felt fill-in episode but IVY thinking the reason she got the part was because she was sleeping with him suggest she feel it's wrong but if that what she has to do but asking him about his place and his excuse with Gas pipes seem a little absurd?.

The Cost of Art

Well Ivy finding out her competition was still in the show really got to her but i have say she should be happy she got lead but it nice to see Karen actually making friends

Let’s Be Bad

Well i have to say Ivy getting cold shoulder from director and asking Karen to sing happy birthday and give Ivy pointer was tough. Look like the drama happening behind the scenes.

Reply 27#27 spratt89's post

i am not surprised

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Well i think if his wife and kid didn't surprise him she wouldn't of felt guilty

The Coup

Well that experiment with Karen really backfired it was good performance but wasn't really appropriate for Marian

Hell On Earth

Well i thought seeing karen and Ivy doing a duet drink would sound horrible but as per usual it sound like a hit from pop song

Smash: Derek's Apology

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

I thought they were drunk singing and not vusking since they didn't collect any money but still surprised they actually sounded not drunk but i need name of the song since i have never heard it before.

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

I suppose your right but i bet the tip would been higher with them singing.

Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

Well i thought it was nice round of applause since when is that a bad thing ?

Understudy

Karen was lucky she was chosen as the understudy but it should be interesting to see uma thurman guest star

Hell On Earth

Well i have say karen boyfriend really come off like a complete fool after kissing his assistant and than going to karen and telling her about it and just when you think he couldn't get even more worst he goes and accidental hit on Ivy but it look like like neither one of them knows about karen which is odd since he has heard Ivy names so many times when karen has complained about her so he knows who she is but it look like Ivy doesn't since she has never met him.

How comes every time Ivy is drunk she able sing a hit song in tune

Previews

Well i have to say this was ok episode but Ivy keeping it a secret was surprise but asking her to look for the ring was awful.

Smash S02E01 On Broadway

So with bombshell under investigation the gang has to find another project and it's good thing Karen forgot her phone in bar since she has discovered new material for a musical

SMASH Season 2 First Look

36 12
Thread