130 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Hello, We will suspend adding updates for current shows as well as new shows on RM site(http://vip.tv-video.net) at the end of the 2011 in order to put all our limited manpower to Flash site(http://viptv.net). RM site is planned to be closed on May 1, 2012. I know this is not a good news for some members and this decision is also hard to us. Please let me explain why we have to do this. RM streaming is kind of out of fashion and compatibility problem bugs our system and many members. Flash streaming is the most popular in online entertainment with more compatibility,no software installation(Flash plug-in is already installed in most OS) and more supported devices(tablets and smart phones). So our VIPTV.net starts Flash streaming on May 1, 2011. Though our Flash streaming service still has some bugs, we will keep working on enhancing your viewing experience. In addition, focusing on flash streaming can accelerate the pace of adding new updates and shows. And we are re-editingour data input system to make every staff’s responsibility and work procedure clear, and the new system will greatly improve our work efficiency and reduce upload faults.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for this update

Thanks for the early warning and keep up the good work

Thanks for the update

I hope they keep the url in may and us it as a second flash site to help with the demand like it was in the past with two realplayer sites

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I was actually thinking the same thing

RM site

I didn't realize the RM site was still an option. It works must faster overseas. The flash site has been slower and the shows will sometimes stall; however, the the past 3 weeks shows on the flash site have been loading even slower. It took me 45+ min to watch a 20 min show. I just checked the RM site and it is loading fast. I'm very sad that the RM site is going away. I've been using this site for 2 years now.

Reply 7#7 cengleman's post

Welcome to FriendVista and like you i prefer the realplayer site, bring it back after a lot of requests was an added bonus but knowing it was only for 1 year i have made the most of it while it lasts

I think it might be a good idea if you put a link for this on vip.tv-video.net and highlight it in yellow like you did last time to give those that don't use the forum a heads up

I have a hard time with change, but thank you LBJ for giving me necessary info for added preparation. ;) RIP- RP
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

So sad

I'm afraid after year of using this site I might have to stop. I tried again to watch a show on the flash site and after 30 min only 7 min of the show loaded for me to view, it is so frustrating. I switched over to the RP site and the show played perfect. So sad that shows wont' be updated on the RP site by the end of the year.

Does anyone know if the realplayer only shows will come to flash or will they be gone forever when the site goes in May like Airwolf Andromeda Arrested Development City Homicide Quantum Leap

i understand your going to close this site but why cant you update the real player site until it does i have such problems with flash
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

My understanding is that if they weren't put on the Flash site in the first place, they won't be added to it later - but I suppose there is always a chance that will change.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

It's a good job i just finished City Homicide and most of the others i have watched but for those that haven't they better get a move on

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I think some of those had really low traffic, and I know a couple had quite a few episodes with problems, so they are probably hard to find. I know Australian shows are hard to get a hold of. I was willing to pay for one and couldn't get it because I wasn't in Australia. Thankfully, I did get to see the whole series, but it took longer, since it aired in Canada a season behind.

Reply 16#16 waterlilybarb's post

I agree about the Australian shows being harder to find but then again some of the Canadian shows are just as hard to find and they both produce some awesome shows

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I think Barb is right. There was definitely a relation to them not really being watched and why they weren't transferred to the Flash site. Then when admin decided to keep Real they must have decided to leave them there. Agree with you about Aussie and Canadian shows, btw!

It just took me almost 4 hours to load up all of Revenge 1x11 from the Flash site. It takes me less than 60 seconds to load up all of any 40 minute show from the RP site. Why is that?

Reply 19#19 hsgreenb's post

I can't tell you why one seems to work better than others for people. Have you tried the suggestions in our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread? They have helped quite a few people be able to optimize their viewing experience. One thing I will say that I have noticed is that for some people location plays a large part in their ability to get a good connection to the site. More people have a better experience with Flash than with RP, and with the continuing changes RP makes, it becomes less compatible for more people, thus making it not really a viable option financially for Admin. As LBJ stated in post 1, with all of the upload team working on Flash, the efficiency of the site will improve as well as decreasing the upload errors.

130 1234567
Thread