Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

My understanding is that if they weren't put on the Flash site in the first place, they won't be added to it later - but I suppose there is always a chance that will change.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I think some of those had really low traffic, and I know a couple had quite a few episodes with problems, so they are probably hard to find. I know Australian shows are hard to get a hold of. I was willing to pay for one and couldn't get it because I wasn't in Australia. Thankfully, I did get to see the whole series, but it took longer, since it aired in Canada a season behind.

Reply 19#19 hsgreenb's post

I can't tell you why one seems to work better than others for people. Have you tried the suggestions in our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread? They have helped quite a few people be able to optimize their viewing experience. One thing I will say that I have noticed is that for some people location plays a large part in their ability to get a good connection to the site. More people have a better experience with Flash than with RP, and with the continuing changes RP makes, it becomes less compatible for more people, thus making it not really a viable option financially for Admin. As LBJ stated in post 1, with all of the upload team working on Flash, the efficiency of the site will improve as well as decreasing the upload errors.

Reply 56#56 vivharley's post

Hello vivharley, Sorry I missed your post, but it got lost in the shuffle with everyone else trying to answer your question. It's quite easy to tell which site you are using when you go to click on an episode. Here is what an episode link looks like on the RP site: Here is what the same episode links look like on the Flash site: The episode I used was House 1x22. Hope that helps to clear it up for you (along with what the fellas told you).

Reply 67#67 babysexylexy's post

The problem may be because the name you just posted is NOT the name of our site Admin. You have to spell the name correctly for it to be sent to the person you want to send it to. LBJEDWARD (but in lowercase) is the name of our Admin. Also, it is site policy that you inform the moderators of issues and that WE pass the information on to Admin. The only reasons members should be contacting Admin is for reimbursement of lost points. If a member has a problem with one of the moderators, it is suggested to first contact another mod. If it is a serious enough issue, it is alright to then contact Admin, though such matters should be able to be worked out through the moderators.

Reply 71#71 babysexylexy's post

I do understand your frustration. I've not had problems with RealPlayer either. Hopefully when the new server is up and running, it will alleviate the buffering issues you're experiencing.

Reply 104#104 katemac's post

Also, for reimbursement of lost points, please send a PM to lbjedward.

Reply 107#107 bala's post

Thank you for posting that reminder Bala.

Reply 124#124 jesparza's post

Having both RP & Flash has been on trial since the Flash was implemented. If both were able to pay for themselves, there was the idea that both could be kept. That did not happen. According to Admin, it is not fiscally viable to keep both sites going and maintain the same level of service the members have come to expect. Most people are able to use Flash with little to no difficulty (barring the current connectivity issues because of getting the other server up and running). It is no longer an option to keep the RealPlayer site.

Reply 126#126 pdownes's post

If your issue started prior to the US server being under maintenance, and you have tried all of the suggestions provided, I'm afraid I have no idea what else we can do for you. If the problems have been since the server issues, then when they are fixed, you should have better luck.

Reply 128#128 olia's post

You obviously haven't read the thread that Shinny posted a link to in post #123. The issues with the EU server are temporary as it has much more traffic while the US server is being upgraded.

Reply 130#130 cheetahnae27's post

While RealPlayer offered the option to download, this site has never condoned nor authorized the illegal downloading of videos. I have no suggestions that would help you to continue to engage in illegal behaviour.

Thread