Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

I think Barb is right. There was definitely a relation to them not really being watched and why they weren't transferred to the Flash site. Then when admin decided to keep Real they must have decided to leave them there. Agree with you about Aussie and Canadian shows, btw!

Reply 26#26 hsgreenb's post

You need to check that your flash player is working correctly. Go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html If you cannot see the animation just under: 1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer Can you see the movie below? Then you need to trouble shoot Flash which is detailed at the bottom of the page.

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. I know it's a cosmetic thing but it should be changed. I'll send him a PM regarding it.

Reply 38#38 bala's post

I, by no means, have a fast connection. It's 8mb and I usually get around 5mb on a bad day and close to the 8mb mark on a good day. Shows load for me in about 10-15 minutes. So it seems to be really hit and miss. I bought a Smart TV in the January sales and so I've been watching shows on that. I thought I was going to have a lot of problems because it's a different platform, but it's great. Loads fast and never jerks. For those having the stop start problem or not loading at all, did you check the link from my post number 28?

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Could be! I must check it out tonight when I get home from work.

Hey all, as we have a few new people on this thread I thought I'd remind people of this thread => Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread - Check out the suggestions on this thread. Secondly, go to post 28 (on page 2 of this thread) and follow my directions there.

Reply 119#119 hsgreenb's post

No, it's the US server that is under maintenance at the moment and hence you will have loading issues. Please see the link above in post 117 where lbjedward is recommending for members to use the EU server.

Reply 122#122 codebreaker's post

In this thread US server's traffic on the peak, post 24, I mentioned that if members had a pre-existing issue (so not related to the upgrade of the US Server) what we were recommending for that isn't going to work. Flash is temperamental at best, but so is Real for a lot of people also. Over the years we have seen many many members have issues with Real that they eventually figured out by trial and error. There are so many things that could impact why Flash is not loading for you, whilst Real is not working for somebody else. All we can do is point members to the trouble shooting thread (which I did in post 102). Did you try all of those suggestions? We know it's not an issue with the site (for US Server issues) and many many members access Flash, every day, without issue. It's probably not the answer you wanted, but it's an honest one. At the end of the day it's up to the user to pin point (by trial and error) the issue when it's not a site wide issue. We try to assist, where we can.

Thread