Thread
Printable Version

Spartacus Vengeance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Libertus

It was about time someone set fire to the stadium  

reply to Bala

You are right on point that this new season is just not up to the first season of spartacus, or even the 6 episode prelude.....but what can you do. I hope this will be the end of the project. In the movie, spartacus was killed by the romans.....so I hope the tv version will go the same way. Not that I like to kill off the heroes, but I like a little bit of realism especially in a series where blood, gore, violence and sex are the order of the day.

And what's up with crixus's girlfriend......what a total wimpress.....I hope she gets her act together or she will get everyone around her killed....and for what....

ok I am off to watch the lastest ep.....I am sure I will have something to rave about!!

[ Last edited by fo_ogun1 at 2-25-2012 15:24 ]

why would ganicus come back to the arena

There can only be one spartacus for me and that was andy Whitfield (God rest him). This new guy is a shadow, but I guess we will have to make do.

I find this season more comedy than drama.....there is nothing new, or even shocking that we have not seen in the first two instalments. So the fight scenes or even the sex scenes hold no shock value any more....what they could have done to make this season better is to have a more captivating story, but perhaps I ask too much, It is ok though. Enjoyed the final fight sequence of this episode (i.e. episode 5).....love crixus to bits.....and spartacus's girlfriend is a badass.

Ganicus is a sight for any girl's eyes......but isn't it time doctore joined his gods?

That's my little tit bit!!

Reply 24#24 fo_ogun1's post

Well that the writers for you trying make it interesting i feel after spartcus killed everyone at end first season they should of just left it

Reply 25#25 Bala's post

You've got that right. I couldn't have said it better myself. As I said in my post, I hope they have the courage to end this (hopefully final) season with a realistic ending....and not hogwash!!

Fingers crossed  ( i know it's victory, but it will have to do!!)

Reply 26#26 fo_ogun1's post

They are planning more seasons if they can squeeze money out of it

Reply 27#27 Bala's post

Please say it isn't so. Money at any cost is not worth making.......they should keep it like Rome or Tudors or Six feet under.....once the story is told.....move on.....or you will just leave a bad taste in all our mouths.....like smallville ....seasons 9 and 10 Now that was pure torture..... I could name a lot more ....ehm fringe....started so well.....but I will rest my case.

I will pray that this season ends the spartacus franchise......the gods of tv land may hear my prayers!!

my tit bit

2x05 Libertus

Glaber using the opportunity to kill Ilithyia father was sneaky but blaming in on Spartacus was predictable and the way the arena collapsed was awesome

2x06 Chosen Path

I cant wait to see Ashur's down fall and after all the trouble they had to find Naevia will their relationship survive but Mira becoming quite a good gladiator herself is impressive

what's up with Spartacus: Blood and Sand season 2

I will complain about how bad this season is here. Or is it just me....the story is going nowhere, the characters are uninteresting, all the blood, gore and sex are totally irrelevant and I can't understand why they  had to have a second season especially after Andy had passed away. Not worth wasting time over unless ofcourse one's brain is switched off. Definitely a shadow of season one. I hope they do not try for season 3.

My lil' tit bit

[ Last edited by fo_ogun1 at 3-17-2012 22:14 ]

2x07 Sacramentum

Glaber is a sick son of a gun nailing that girl to the cross and Ilithyia didn't have a lot of choice to go along with it but Lucretia idea about using her blood to making it look like Ilithyia was in danger of loosing the baby was clever

2x08 Balance

I always thought Spartacus could be the father of Ilithyia's baby from the night she was tricked with the masked gladiator but is she lying to save her own life and Seppia jumping into Glaber when he was responsible for her brother death was stupid but Glaber risking the life of Ilithyia and her unborn baby to kill Spartacus was predictable

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-7-2012 09:02  
I cant wait to see Ashur's down fall and after all the trouble they had to find Naevia will their relationship survive but Mira becoming quite a good gladiator herself is impressive
He was impressive against those soldiers but recruiting them to be an army should be intresting. The nudity has become so normal on the show and you not even surprise by any more and Ashur raping her was disturbing mind you thinking she could control him kind of suggest she got taught a lession.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-19-2012 22:18  
Glaber is a sick son of a gun nailing that girl to the cross and Ilithyia didn't have a lot of choice to go along with it but Lucretia idea about using her blood to making it look like Ilithyia was in ...
Yes but her plan for him to kill Giaber certainly backfired didn't it ?

2x09 Monsters

The was Spartacus convinced his people to unite against the Roman assault was interesting, first dressed as one and then getting them drunk to fight against each other but Ilithyia killing Seppia to save Glaber was a surprise and having to retreat because they were out numbered should make for a interesting season finale

Thread