66 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Absolutely Fabulous (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Absolutely Fabulous (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Absolutely Fabulous Premiered on BBC One on November 12, 1992

Absolutely Fabulous began life as a sketch on French & Saunders but with Dawn French playing the role of Saffy. A pilot for the series was filmed but studio executives didn't believe that Dawn French was convincing playing a teenage girl and the part of Saffy was offered to Julia Sawalha. Joanna Lumley and June Whitfield were added to the cast and the popular BBC comedy series was ready to hit the airwaves. It remained one of the networks highest rated shows throughout it's complete run and was also a smash hit in the United States.

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About Absolutely Fabulous Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-26-2011 00:13 ]

How strange bringing this back after such a long break and only starting it's sixth season in 20 years

1x01 Fashion

Saffy having a go at Edina about having everything done for her was amusing but having the hose shoved up her bum three times a week to flush it all out was classic and her response about colonic irrigation is nothing to be sniffed at and falling down drunk was priceless

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 12-26-2011 00:05  
How strange bringing this back after such a long break and only starting it's sixth season in 20 years
I don't understand why they bought this back?

1x02 Fat

Saffy's comment about Edina looking like a bloated citrus fruit was great and Bubble bragging she can't put weight on when they wanted to loose weight was amusing but her vision about plastic surgery and her old friend being blind was priceless

Reply 5#5 bala's post

It's had a strange history with eight years since the last season and some long breaks between some of the other seasons but bringing it back to celebrate twenty years is strange

1x03 France

and Saffy and Bubble taking food to Eddy and Patsy while in France was crazy and would of thought the old Frenchman whose language they cannot understand was inviting them to the chateau further up the road and they were luck that the white powder Customs found wasn't drugs

1x04 Iso Tank

I'm not surprised that Edina was banned from attending Saffron's college open day but her sulks was amusing and who would of thought it was a bad dream in her brand new isolation tank

1x05 Magazine

Patsy confiding in Saffy about how she was neglected by her own mother was sad but Patsy stuck for words in front of the TV cameras was amusing

1x06 Birthday

Eddy's hot flush on her fortieth birthday was amusing considering she was standing to close to the kettle and falling down the stairs was priceless, Patsy looking for a clean pair of nickers was funny

Season 1 Outtakes

The outtakes from the France episode were great especially the wine cellar

2x01 Hospital

The nurses recognising Patsy as the slag from the paper was amusing and whilst under anaesthetic Eddy dreams were great but Patsy's treatment was a disaster

2x02 Death

Saffy being the only one upset about her grandfathers death was interesting and trust her mother to get drunk with Patsy and the pair of them end up falling into open graves

2x03 Morocco

Trust Patsy and Eddy to loose Saffy in the market after one of the locals pinched her ass

2x04 New Best Friend

Eddy pretending that Lulu is her friend when she sees Patsy in a restaurant was amusing but what was heard on the baby monitor was disturbing

2x05 Poor

Patsy running in shouting for a light after getting out of a no smoking cab was amusing especially with the amount of patched she had on and the four fags she was smoking and I'm not surprised they were arrested for drunk driving

LMBO!

I did the quiz on the BBC page - How AB FAB are you? - and my result:

You are Bubble!
Oh dear. You are Bubble. Try to remain calm. You are, in short, a lunatic. People are never quite sure what, or who, they're going to get with you. You don't suffer fools gladly even though you appear to be one yourself. You live in your own Bubble universe where reality rarely intrudes.

I was sure I'd get Saffy.  Not quite sure why I came across as a loon.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 18#18 waterlilybarb's post

I just tried it and got the same

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

LOL!  Hmmm.  Wonder what it takes to get a different result?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

66 1234
Thread