Thread
Printable Version

The Royal Bodyguard Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Royal Bodyguard Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Sir David Jason stars in The Royal Bodyguard as Captain Guy Hubble an ex-guardsman who saw action in Cyprus and Northern Ireland.
Now Head of Security at Buckingham Palace car park, he is surprisingly appointed as Royal Bodyguard after saving the Queen's life in an act of bravery on the day of the State Opening of Parliament.
Hubble takes his new role very seriously but soon starts to upset foreign ambassadors, his colleagues and members of the public. He even manages to endanger Royal security repeatedly and on a colossal scale, yet somehow comes up smelling of roses every time.

BBC Website

'I Believe You're Expecting Me' - The Royal Bodyguard

The Limping Assassin

Well i have to say i really enjoyed the first episode i mean how he managed save her at end was priceless .

The Limping Assassin

This show was much better than I expected plus it is different from all current comedy shows in the UK, I found it really funny watching Hubble go around in his underwear and the ending with him falling on the Queen to save her was the best part of this episode for me.

Reply 4#4 spratt89's post

I was actually surprised how short it was most BBC programmes are 1 hour

Reply 3#3 bala's post

What a funny start with waking up the guard only to spook the horses and not a pretty sight of him in his underwear But i think the Queen needs a bodyguard to protect her from Hubble before he kills her himself

1x02 The Siege Of Blenheim Square

What you feed the furry animal on your head was a funny line and the wig did look ridiculous but no more than him dressed as the pizza guy and if he gets another commendation for that so called rescue someone needs shooting

The Siege Of Blenheim Square

This was a funny episode, I loved the line about what you feed that furry animal on your head, I was unable to stop laughing at seeing Hubble dressed up as a pizza delivery guy, the scene when Colonel Dennis Whittington kept asking Sir Edward Hastings if they could shoot Hubble was funny, my favourite scene was of Hubble and his Wig saving the day, I did like the start with Hubble taking on that run and obstacle course.

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say it certainly didn't start out well but how his wig saved the day was ridiculous i sometimes wonder how he has survived this long at being guard without getting seriously in juried and i loved it that when he was about be let go he showed the medal with the commendation from the queen .

I do think he probably get another medal

1x03 Bullets Over Broad Street

Asking the dog to check the cake foe explosives was never going to end well but taking the dog of the lead was stupid and not minding if Hubble is killed after he was kidnapped was predictable

Bullets Over Broad Street

It was funny how that dog not only ate at cake but then attacked Yates at the end, I found it predictable that Hubble would hit Yates when he tried to save him, I keep finding it funny how Colonel Dennis Whittington keeps hoping Hubble is killed which leads me to wonder just how many lives does Hubble have, my favourite scene was how Yates responded to Hubble about the neck and head brace he was wearing.

Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

Yeah he really want Hubble out of his job but unless he willing to actually get his hands dirty he won't happen but my favourite part was him hanging up on the kidnappers

This has now been added to the flash site

- The Royal Art of Blackmail

Well helping thieves with the painting was amusing but how he survived the ice cream van at the end with a cone was beyond crazy this guys has more lives than a cat.

The Royal Art Of Blackmailing

It was predictable that Hubble would by accident help steal the paintings, it was funny watching Hubble flap around trying to kill that bee, It was quite clever how Hubble used that cone to breath through when burried in ice cream

1x04 The Royal Art of Blackmail

I liked how eager he was to send Hubble on his way after he resigned for helping put the painting in the van and then shoot to kill was amusing but you just knew when they were fighting over the money it would go out the window

The Perils of Attraction

This was a great episode, the scene at the start when Colonel Dennis Whittington thought Hubble was being buried only to then see him wearing a dress had me in stitches, I laughed every time we saw Hubble as Sandra, It was quite funny how Colonel Dennis Whittington's wife thought he was having an affair with Sandra.

Reply 17#17 spratt89's post

Still just when you think he can't get any more ridiculous they make him cross dress

Reply 17#17 spratt89's post

What a palaver when Hubble was being buried but Sandra should of sat down in the ladies loo and for Mary's sake i hope he's is left handed because she shook his hand before he washed them, Whittington's wife being jealous of Sandra was amusing but i would of liked to of seen her face when she found out it was Hubble

1x06 A Watery Grave

Hubble at a hen party was recipe for a disaster and having him in charge of security for the princess you just knew it would have amusing consequence's but the poor couple he had it accidentally in for was crazy and with Hubble being the target i can only imagine all the suspects but Yates being so accident prone and the attempted assassin was priceless

Thread