67 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Stella (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Stella (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Stella Premiered on Sky One on January 06, 2012

Ruth Jones has shed the dominatrix leather of her Nessa days and is taking centre stage in her latest comedy Stella, coming to Sky 1 on January 6th.

Jones stars as a 40-something mum juggling the ups and downs of family life amid the chaos of her eccentric friends, relatives and children's fathers.

Stella's world is populated by a wealth of characters including her best friend Paula (Elizabeth Berrington), who is a functioning alcoholic and funeral director. Then there’s lollipop man and youth rugby coach Alan (Steve Spiers), who has been in love with Stella since 1984 but who finds stiff competition in the form of dishy Sean (Kenny Doughty)...

The brainchild of Ruth Jones, co-writer and co-star of the multi-award-winning Gavin and Stacey, Stella is a ten-episode family saga set against the backdrop of the Welsh valleys.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Stella Here

I have to admit when Sky started cranking out all these tv showsI wasn't sure how good they would be but I have been pleasantly surprised by how good the shows have actually been.

Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

I have also been pleasantly surprised by what Sky have released

1x01 Episode 1

Singing to her dead mother started of nice but when she reached the high note i found it amusing and not being able to keep a straight face was priceless, Nadine's costume was great but what a way to dress for a school play and what turns Paula on is disturbing, Dai getting the wrong idea about the cop was hilarious and her daughters news would make you fell old

1x02 Episode 2

The whole town talking about Emma's news was amusing and what the kids said in the school lesson about their family trees was priceless but I'm glad Stella came around to Emma's engagement

1x03 Episode 3

Stella attempting to help Paula throw the funeral of the century for a local legend called 'Dick the Kick' who passes away was never going to run smooth but finding out after the funeral that Paula wasn't getting paid will bankrupt her, Stella using the legionary ball to raise the money was impressive but Nadine and Karl with their fake tans looked out of place at the funeral

1x04 Episode 4

Stella sticking her nose in Luke's business was always going to backfire but with him hanging around a drug dealer you can understand why she's worried and Alan not being able to look Paula in the face after seeing her kinky sex on the stairs when he looked through her letter box was funny

1x05 Episode 5

Stella starting a fitness drive in the build-up to her date with Sean was interesting but trying to loose two stone before the date was a little ambitious, Alan getting the wrong idea when Stella trains with the youth group was amusing and Paula giving her sexual advise was priceless, Paula and Dai's Titanic role play was amusing, how they all can understand the old fella is beyond me

1x06 Episode 6

Stella up all night getting over her dry spell certainly put a smile on her face and a bounce in her step and know surprise Paula wanted more details so five times and four position's was impressive, Alan and his wig was ridiculous but at least Stella told him the truth about the wig and his revelation about being in love with her since 1984 came as a surprise, i had a felling it was dance lesson's and not seeing another woman but how embarrassing for Stella peeping through the window

1x07 Episode 7

The practical joke Sean played on Stella in the ring with Joe was amusing but her thinking Sean was pretending a second time after she decked him by accident was priceless, Jasminder pushing her boobs out to impress Luke on his 25th birthday was funny but Rob turning up at the party revealed some old stories

1x08 Episode 8

Paula showing Stella her nether regions that Dai had spent hours on was amusing but Dai overhearing Luke saying he's going to Canada with his dad ruined the stag do and once Stella found out it did the same to the hen do

67 1234
Thread