Thread
Printable Version

Call The Midwife (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

I think we can see where things with Barbara and the vicar are going.  I just hope it doesn't send Trixie over the edge and back to drinking.  It's good she has her keep fit to distract her.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

5x03 Episode 3

You have to feel sorry for the teacher after she revealed she was pregnant to a married man but what the landlady did was diabolical and Barbara going to dinner with Tom is going to make things interesting

5x04 Episode 4

I'm not surprised sister Julienne was shocked by the medical advances in use at the local hospital as it had been ten years but the patient care was not what you would expect and Linda falls pregnant just as Ian was accepted into university was bad timing but trying to kill himself while Linda miscarried was tragic

5x05 Episode 5

Talk about bad timing to have car trouble and the new trainee talking her through delivering it herself over the phone was impressive but not being able to cope was sad, Fred doing his best running the ladies cloth's shop was amusing and Dr. Turner wanting to set up a new chest clinic was understandable after seeing what smoking does to the lungs

5x06 Episode 6

Lizzie being bitten during a violent attack was disturbing and being too ashamed to report because she was a prostitute was sad but a second attack on the mother was sickening, you just knew one of the nun's would be attacked and doubting her faith in God was understandable but at leased she was brave enough to report it

5x07 Episode 7

The husband not batting an eyelid about his pregnant standing on a chair painting was disturbing but calling Nurse Crane to assist his wife in a post-natal emergency was surprising and Patsy trying to help the woman travelling on the canal was nice

5x08 Episode 8

It's a shame the mother kept her baby covered up but with those deformities you can understand why and I had a felling it was linked to thalidomide, Sister Evangelina passing away suddenly was sad but what a great turn out for her funeral

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-6-2017 19:03 ]

Christmas Special

The small group travelling to South Africa to try and save Hope Clinic was different but Fred helping during delivery out in the bush was amusing and I can't believe the local police made them push the broken-down truck of the road, the kid thinking the polio vaccine would help his brother was tragic and Trixie doing a C-section was impressive

Reply 92#92 codebreaker's post

This was a great episode.  I really enjoyed seeing them out of their element.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

REMOVED

Was Call the Midwife removed from VIP???  I can't find it anywhere!!  That will be very distressing if it was.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

6x01 Episode 1

It's nice they started this with them returning from their South Africa adventure but Sister Ursula taking charge and above Sister Julienne isn't going to go down well with Sister Ursula running a tight ship, what a shame the abused wife and son have to put up with that treatment

6x02 Episode 2

Penny and Derek being looked at because they both have dwarfism AKA little people was sad and problems with the pregnancy being anticipated was sad but glad the baby was OK, new father George being badly burnt in an explosion was terrible as he may never see his son

6x03 Episode 3

Sister Ursula reducing their time with a patient to 20 minutes could cause serious problems for some patients and poor Barbara getting the brunt of her wrath after being late but the baby almost dying because of carbon monoxide poisoning was terrible

Thread