61 1234
Thread
Printable Version

GCB (Good Christian Belles) Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

GCB (Good Christian Belles) Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

GCB Premiered on ABC on March 04, 2012

The soap returns to Dallas in this deliciously fun, wicked new drama that shows that you can go home again... but only if you're ready to face the sins of your past.

Amanda Vaughn (Leslie Bibb), once the ultimate high school "mean girl," is forced to return home in disgrace after her marriage ends in scandal. Reluctant but desperate, Amanda has no choice but to turn to her mother, Gigi (Annie Potts), for help. Gigi, the quintessential proper Dallas socialite, wants nothing more than to have Amanda back and to give Amanda's two teenage kids a good southern upbringing. The problem is that Amanda is nothing like the girl she was 20 years ago and is hesitant about re-entering this world of opulence, status and salacious rumor mills. She is hopeful for a new start, but soon finds it's not that easy to escape your past in this tightknit community.

The women of Dallas are none too happy to see Amanda back in town. Carlene Cockburn (Kristin Chenoweth), once the ugly duckling, was tortured by Amanda in high school but has made quite the "assisted" transformation since. Now she has a picture-perfect, lavish life with a gorgeous husband, yet she still can't seem to let go of old grudges. Then there's Cricket Caruth-Reilly (Miriam Shor) whose boyfriend Amanda stole and later married. Cricket is now a tough-as-nails, successful businesswoman with a perfect marriage – at least so it appears from the outside. Sharon Peacham (Jennifer Aspen), the fallen beauty queen whose chance at the Miss Teen Dallas crown was snatched away by a malicious rumor Amanda started, hasn't really been the same since. Finally, there's Heather Cruz (Marisol Nichols), a bit of an outsider back in high school who has now become fully inducted into this twisted little social clique of affluent, sugary, God-fearing, steely women whose bark is as bad as their bite. You know what they say about payback, Amanda, it's a...

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Good GCB Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:37 ]

i am on the fence with this

GCB Sneak Peeks

Pilot

Since Desperate housewives (DH) is on the final season on ABC i think is planning that this show as it's replacement however from the first episode i have feeling this show won't last because it really didn't keep my interest i admit there were some amusing moments in this episode but it not strong enough to be a replacement for DH.

I liked they changed B word from the original title. It has potential as with all shows but finding a job as waitress at bobbious was amusing consider her values on dress like that. This show is a grown up version of high school where these women want revenge. Most adult grow up but seriously need move on.

I love Church ending with her prayer

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I see you feel off the fence i hope you didn't hurt yourself

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

LOL i can't resist a new show

Reply 8#8 bala's post

It might take me a week to get through the back log of the shows i watch before i watch this

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yeah it sucks to be you but at least you watch during quiet period coming up .

Last friday was dead for me hence why i started watching sea Patrol

This was great.  I had a blast watching the women pray in church.  Looooovin' gigi.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

It does seem to be a girly show which certainly make it addictive for some reason

Nope, not for me. I agree Bala, seems like they are looking for a DH replacement and I didn't watch that either. I dunno, just didn't do anything for me. Too bland, imo. It's a shame because I really like Kristin Chenoweth but I think she's wasted here.

I think we'll see this one getting the chop!

[ Last edited by shinny at 3-9-2012 15:17 ]

Reply 13#13 shinny's post

Well I agree sorry it didn't appeal to you but this was the closest comparison i found to Hart of Dixie

Reply 6#6 bala's post

How Amanda could say to her son his father was a good dad considering how he died and what he read in the paper but one of the other saying he died with another woman's head in his lap is hard to believe her head was still there after that accident and who was sending the extravagant gifts was interesting but i didn't expect it be her mother and the church ending was amusing

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Most mother try not to speak ill of the dead

1x02 Hell Hath No Fury

Hat's off to Amanda for not letting Carlene get under her skin with that song she sang in church but Carlene changing the bar uniform to get back at Amanda was stupid because it will drive the customers away, the cheerleading outfit malfunction was amusing considering she had just had a boob job and My cup runneth over on the back of the t-shirts was priceless

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yeah that one show she wasn't expecting at the prep rally but you would thoughts teenage guys would at least gave her around applause for showing them . It's least they could do but to actually pixel it on screen was rather amusing as well. That T-shirt was amusing but  i had look up what that meant

Reply 19#19 bala's post

Amanda seems to be the only that doesn't have more than enough were the other girl have too much

61 1234
Thread