Thread
Printable Version

Continuum Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 25#25 bala's post

I am still liking this show and looking forward to see what the ripple effect with do to the future as she knows it

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

That's if we get there ?

Now that is a BIG IF

Test of Time

Well seeing the actress that played  rosie larson on this series was amusing and she really was great character not the way she remembered her grandmother but it certainly opened her eyes but having other guy grandmother shot was sad but he's still alive which is odd so they need explain it in the series.

1x05 A Test of Time

It took almost getting killing in the car crash and a gun battle to convince her grandmother's that her life was in danger was interesting but flipping the tables on him by getting his pregnant mother was clever, it's a shame the other got him by the sniper

Time's Up

Well this was interesting trying to make peaceful riot violent but what a way for liberate to get recognised by exposing the company pension fund misallocation. .

1x06 Time's Up

I had a feeling Frank was faking it when he fell on the bridge and Alec passing the location to someone else was the smart thing to do to protect Kiera, I wonder why there are no horses in the future according to Kiera

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

I assume they were extinct

Reply 35#35 bala's post

That was obvious but why

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Does it really matter ?

The way technology is going there will be a lot extinct animals in the future. We have quite a few already

http://www.allaboutwildlife.com/ten-most-endangered-animals

Reply 37#37 bala's post

Kiera said it's a long story which I hope she explains later in the series

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Well i don't think they will explain it , it's kind of a minor point in the show. You know what these tv show are like we end up with a lot unanswered question i bet you forgot this in few months.

The Politics of Time

Well finding out Kara husband cheating on her the night before her wedding must of hurt but trusting him and this lead to interesting conversation about she access to technology that spy on him but she trusted him. It certainly will make cheating difficult if you can use it spy on anyone at any time. It seem Kara really respect technology but the way she able solve the case by using the tech is amusing. Using that spray certainly is impressive how much tech did she bring with her?.

As for case we knew carlos didn't kill her but things just got difficult because the politician backers are liberate   .

Ok, neither of you seemed to foucus on this or if you did I may have missed it.

But do you believe that them going back in time was already a part of the existing timeline... examples of this was that Alec of the future seemed to be not suprised of the events unfolding in front of him as the device was activated and they were sent back to the past.

Also when she meets Alec in the future for the first time he says this is long over due, in other words he knew he was going to meet her, and he has been waiting for it to happen (*again).

I believe that this story is going to have no ripple affect on the future, except that when kierra does return to the future she will be fighting against the corporations, she already was learning that perhaps the needs of the people were not coming first (the food not being distributed), I believe she is the hero, but was trained to beileve that the corporations were the good, and Liber8 was evil. The methods of some of its members may be questionable at best, but their cause is truly for the people. I think we will see them get back to the future, and perhaps in another season have to change something in another time period.

I love this series so far, and am sad to see it is a 10 episode first season......but then again I also am waiitng for Alphas to return
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

1x07 The Politics of Time

Carlos should of come clean about sleeping with the victim because it just makes him look guilty but going after him in the shower was a little crazy especially using a tazer with water around

Reply 41#41 dognxtdoor's post

I am going to re-watch this from the start and pay a little more attention to the details because I am sure I have missed something

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

it was very subtle at the end of the first episode

Reply 44#44 bala's post

Alec Sadler (2077) must of been the one who changed the shift so Kiera was in the chamber when the timed jumped happened but from the look on her husbands face he might of also known and that is why he wanted her out of there

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-20-2012 19:12 ]

Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

Yes i noticed that as well but i don't know how he is involved

Reply 46#46 bala's post

It's nice watching a second time because you pick up some of the small details you might of missed

Thread