Thread
Printable Version

Saving Hope Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Saving Hope Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Premiere: June 07, 2012

Saving Hope" is a new, hour-long original drama series that stars Erica Durance ("Smallville"), Michael Shanks ("Stargate Atlantis"), Daniel Gillies ("The Vampire Diaries"), Huse Madhavji ("Combat Hospital," "Star!," "Daily"), Julia Taylor Ross ("Rookie Blue") and Kristopher Turner ("Rookie Blue," "The Listener"). The series is from acclaimed Gemini Award-winning producers Ilana Frank and David Wellington ("The Eleventh Hour," "Would Be Kings," "Rookie Blue").

In "Saving Hope," when charismatic Chief of Surgery Charlie Harris (Shanks) at Hope-Zion Hospital ends up in a coma, he leaves the hospital in chaos - and his fiancee and fellow surgeon, Alex Reid (Durance), in a state of shock. Along with newly arrived star surgeon, Joel Goran (Gillies), Reid races to save Harris' life. As the action unfolds, the comatose Harris explores the hospital halls in "spirit" form, not sure if he's a ghost or a figment of his own imagination. Reid, along with her fellow doctors, press on to save his life and those of their other patients as they deal with the complicated and courageous decisions that are made in their daily struggle to keep hope alive.

"Saving Hope" is produced by Ilana C. Frank Films (ICFF) with Entertainment One (eOne), in association with CTV and NBC. The series is executive produced by Ilana Frank and David Wellington for ICFF, Noreen Halpern ("Hell on Wheels," "Call Me Fitz") and John Morayniss ("The Firm," "Haven") for Entertainment One and Lesley Harrison. Executive producers and showrunners are Morwyn Brebner ("Rookie Blue") and Aaron Martin ("Being Erica"). The series was created by Malcolm MacRury ("Crash and Burn," "Republic of Doyle") and Morwyn Brebner. David Wellington directed the pilot.

http://www.nbc.com/saving-hope/

[ Last edited by bala at 7-13-2014 17:21 ]

I actually enjoyed this better then I expected. I hope they'll keep things up

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

Wow you actually liked the first episode i didn't i just couldn't get into it i don't know why but i just felt the character were boring however the patient were better character than the cast .

Reply 7#7 bala's post

as i didn't have any high expectations about this, it couldn't be much worse but I think that it will improve.
I like the concept and I like the female lead. I hope she will grow even more on me.
I don't really like the male lead, but I'm holding off on that since I think next weeks episode will make me descide how I feel about the show in general.

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

Yeah same here i had low expectation as well given how many medical drama i have watched over the past 10 years I expected something slightly better. I don't think she a good lead i liked her Smallville but on this show she just seemed rather all over the place. When i look good female lead i look at Megan hunt (Body of proof). That's a good female lead. I really shouldn't be so critical based on the first episode but i just didn't like it.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I actually agreed.  I thought with two such great actors it would have been better but really Michael Shanks just kinda stood there in a tux the whole time and Erica ran around.  

Oh and there were patients periodically with problems!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

It's not actor fault it's the writers and director

Reply 11#11 bala's post

i wasn't blaming them.  I agree.  with great talent, I thought the writers would have a breeze.

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

It's the fact that both these actor came sci-fi background where writing is so different than normal medical shows you can see them trying adjust new environment.

contact

Well another average episode not really to comment

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I agree. I thought the episode would be better. If they don't pick it up, it won't be worth watching.

Reply 17#17 kellemanske's post

Since nothing good to watch we really don't have much of a choice

1x01 Pilot

Angela giving birth and dying later was sad and Charlie saving a patient before going into a coma was an interesting start to the show but Charlie walking around is like a different take on A Gifted Man

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

I know i was thinking the same thing but i liked gifted man better because of better acting and dialogue?

Reply 22#22 bala's post

It's still early days and lets hope it improves

1x02 Contact

If I was in Alex's situation I would try anything and everything like Charlie's ex-wife suggested and what a shame Cal couldn't remember Charlie's name or his message but the drawing did have her thinking

1x03 Blindness

Alex's getting caught trying sexual arousal therapy was amusing and the scared dead guy running away was funny

it's lost me.    I just can't connect.

1x04 The Fight

Alex standing up to Todd after his bad news was great but what she said to him was interesting and you can understand why Charlie thought he could try what the young arrogant kid did to get himself out of the coma

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

That guy was a real prick he really didn't seem care that he's was dead and didn't accept it it was like he thought he could stay alive and he did

Thread