57 123
Thread
Printable Version

Saving Hope Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Saving Hope Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Premiere: June 07, 2012

Saving Hope" is a new, hour-long original drama series that stars Erica Durance ("Smallville"), Michael Shanks ("Stargate Atlantis"), Daniel Gillies ("The Vampire Diaries"), Huse Madhavji ("Combat Hospital," "Star!," "Daily"), Julia Taylor Ross ("Rookie Blue") and Kristopher Turner ("Rookie Blue," "The Listener"). The series is from acclaimed Gemini Award-winning producers Ilana Frank and David Wellington ("The Eleventh Hour," "Would Be Kings," "Rookie Blue").

In "Saving Hope," when charismatic Chief of Surgery Charlie Harris (Shanks) at Hope-Zion Hospital ends up in a coma, he leaves the hospital in chaos - and his fiancee and fellow surgeon, Alex Reid (Durance), in a state of shock. Along with newly arrived star surgeon, Joel Goran (Gillies), Reid races to save Harris' life. As the action unfolds, the comatose Harris explores the hospital halls in "spirit" form, not sure if he's a ghost or a figment of his own imagination. Reid, along with her fellow doctors, press on to save his life and those of their other patients as they deal with the complicated and courageous decisions that are made in their daily struggle to keep hope alive.

"Saving Hope" is produced by Ilana C. Frank Films (ICFF) with Entertainment One (eOne), in association with CTV and NBC. The series is executive produced by Ilana Frank and David Wellington for ICFF, Noreen Halpern ("Hell on Wheels," "Call Me Fitz") and John Morayniss ("The Firm," "Haven") for Entertainment One and Lesley Harrison. Executive producers and showrunners are Morwyn Brebner ("Rookie Blue") and Aaron Martin ("Being Erica"). The series was created by Malcolm MacRury ("Crash and Burn," "Republic of Doyle") and Morwyn Brebner. David Wellington directed the pilot.

http://www.nbc.com/saving-hope/

[ Last edited by bala at 7-13-2014 17:21 ]

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

Wow you actually liked the first episode i didn't i just couldn't get into it i don't know why but i just felt the character were boring however the patient were better character than the cast .

Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

Yeah same here i had low expectation as well given how many medical drama i have watched over the past 10 years I expected something slightly better. I don't think she a good lead i liked her Smallville but on this show she just seemed rather all over the place. When i look good female lead i look at Megan hunt (Body of proof). That's a good female lead. I really shouldn't be so critical based on the first episode but i just didn't like it.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

It's not actor fault it's the writers and director

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

It's the fact that both these actor came sci-fi background where writing is so different than normal medical shows you can see them trying adjust new environment.

contact

Well another average episode not really to comment

Reply 17#17 kellemanske's post

Since nothing good to watch we really don't have much of a choice

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

I know i was thinking the same thing but i liked gifted man better because of better acting and dialogue?

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

That guy was a real prick he really didn't seem care that he's was dead and didn't accept it it was like he thought he could stay alive and he did

Out Of Sight

Well meeting a guy who has been in coma for 35 years was sad and how people around him move on and for a moment she looked like she was enjoying her life until she remembered about Charlie. The question is how long can she wait before she has to move on ?

The Great Randall

Well that power of hypnosis was amazing that he felt no pain but than reverse it lead to him feel it which was sad but than finding out what he had and learning there was no cure was rather sad. The hypnosis guy was a jerk trying to get money out of it.

Consenting Adults

Well i have to say this was ok episode but seriously will that guy be in coma all season it's getting old

Heartsick

Well i thought he was going wake up when she switch off the machine but we wait 2 weeks find out what happens

Bea, Again

Well this was a nice way to show how they met 5 years ago but it's good thing Charlie made sure Bea didn't leave after misdiagnosis   .

A New Beginning

Well Charlie getting some help from dead patient was very interesting that he scared to wake up at least he can work on it

NEWS

NBC has pulled Saving Hope from its schedule with two episodes left to air in the drama's first season. The slightly supernatural medical drama starring Erica Durance's gorgeousness had already been jettisoned off to Saturday nights, but now it's been banished to the internet, where its final two episodes will air. This doesn't apply to Canada, where the show has already been renewed for a second season. 'Mericans, you can watch the final two episodes once they've aired in Canada on NBC.com, or if you are a true fan, you could move to Canada and watch them sooner. You are a true fan, aren't you? [TV Line]

Ride Hard or Go Home

Wow he wakes up about bloody time

Pink Clouds

Well look like his ablity to see the dead came back with him this show just get stranger and stranger and what a job offer

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

Yes this great way to start season here me thinking it was going Alex turn in a coma

Little Piggies

Singing dead patient was annoying but what an accident he save him by dislodging his tumour

57 123
Thread