76 1234
Thread
Printable Version

The Newsroom Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Newsroom Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Newsroom Premieres on HBO on June 24, 2012

From the mind of Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing and screenwriter of The Social Network and Moneyball,  comes The Newsroom,  a behind-the-scenes look at the people who make a nightly cable-news program. Focusing on a network anchor (played by Jeff Daniels), his new executive producer (Emily Mortimer), the newsroom staff (John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel) and their boss (Sam Waterston), the series tracks their quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles-not to mention their own personal entanglements.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Newsroom Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-30-2013 18:53 ]

This will be the first thing i watch tomorrow

We Just Decided To

Well this was nice extended pilot and i enjoyed watching it but it got better longer i watched it but you need a lot patience to watch this show as it's same pace as west wing which mean each episode will cover one major news story this one was oil spill which people remember happen few years back.

So it nice to find out at the end she was in audience but he doesn't know which means she is responsible for his breakdown on national TV.

Newsnight 2.0

Well another good episode on what to do when your guest cancel and you don't have backup but seeing Grace from secret life was amusing. That fisco with e-mail system was crazy i mean what a way to reveal their secret to all employees in the company .

Renewed

Aaron Sorkin's broadcasting drama The Newsroom will return for a second season, having premiered on June 24 to solid ratings.

Source

1x01 We Just Decided To

What a start with the question time and if his statistics are right then how can they say the US is the greatest in the world and I wished Maggie would stick to just one name,  just because the oil rig story was in yellow and it was Jim who brought it to their attention they were so slow to react which was interesting and how ironic it turned red after the news

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Well because people don't know stats unless they look for it

1x02 News Night 2.0

The thought of Maggie hiding under the bed while her boyfriend was making out with his ex was amusing and Mackenzie saying it's a good job you weren't facing the other way after Jim said about getting shot in the ass was funny but the news story being a disaster and how they tried to fix it was interesting

The 112th Congress

Well this episode contains 6 months of time-line so they is a lot going on but i like how Will rubed his date into mckenzie face and than going say sorry and finds out she been dating a person for 3 months but didn't rub it in will face was rather sweet.

1x03 The 112th Congress

The opening editorial comments from Will were great and him having lots of new dates was amusing but Mackenzie's face was priceless, Maggie bringing to their attention the religion of the guy that saved everyone was impressive considering it was important for the bomber

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yes Maggie bring that up was important but it shows how good you must be make sure you cover all the facts it makes you wonder about News we listen on tv. How much of it factual and how much is it for ratings ?

Reply 18#18 bala's post

I would think ratings are slightly more important but being the first to report breaking news is crucial

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Yeah i imagine so but i would like to know what real news broadcaster think of this show whether it realistic or not ?.

Reply 20#20 bala's post

The way they relate this to real news headlines does make this more interesting

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

If you living in America but Exxo Oil leak was only one i recognised from the series.

i ll try to fix you

So another good episode i got feel sorry for Will because all his date had issues but getting wine thrown in his face was rather amusing but the amount of times was ridiculous. What he did with the women gun was rather impressive . I have got to learn that trick because it certainly looks cool.

Fixing him on date with her roomate but her boyfriend ringing her while she speaking to him was so out of line. He really see that guy as a threat. He is happy but she is mad but seriously she certainly more attractive than her.

Mckenzie finding out about the non-compete clause surprised her but than finding out all those news stories about his dating life was from their own network in attempt to fire him was a nice twist.

[ Last edited by bala at 7-16-2012 14:52 ]

1x04 I'll Try to Fix You

I had felling Will wouldn't kiss Nina after she talked about her take down column and Maggie ringing Jim while her boyfriend rang Lisa with the distinctive ring tone was amusing and the others having to put up with the big foot debate was cruel and a good call in no reporting she was dead like the other news stations

Amen

Well i think most of us know what happen in Egypt last year with uprising against the govenment and this episode covered that but when the reporter they hired get capture it was great to see Will pay out his own pocket but what the crew did at the end was nice in reference Rudy situation mentioned earlier  

News

BROKEN NEWS NEWS

... The integrity of journalism must be protected, and in doing so, The Newsroom creator Aaron Sorkin has fired the entire writing staff of his HBO show. Except for his ex-girlfriend Corinne Kinsbury, who writes on the show. She stays. Because Sorkin's art imitates his life, and characters Mackenzie and Will need that spark and tension in this drama about fixing everything that's wrong with America AND hilarious relationship problems! [The Daily]

http://www.thedaily.com/page/201 ... nt-sorkin-newsroom/

1x05 Amen

Maggie hitting the glass door twice in Jim's face was unfortunate and what a nice ending with them all putting their hands in their pockets after finding out Will pay out his own pocket

76 1234
Thread