Thread
Printable Version

The Newsroom Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Unintended Consequences

After Will blasted her on national tv it had an Unintended Consequences as she has information big story they found and needed her contact but all those people trying to apologise to her were amusing as everyone of them couldn't help but insult her.

2x04 Unintended Consequences

Wow the kids reaction when the cameras followed Maggie into the class room in Africa was sad and Daniel hiding under the bed was understandable but at the cost of the cameraman's life was tragic, Jim getting a kiss from his arch rival was nice but I thought he would make the first move

2x05 News Night With Will McAvoy

I'm not surprised Will was distracted during a telecast considering his dad died only minutes before and poor Sloan being humiliated but using her rage to deck the guy was priceless

Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Yes but he was at least he was professional about it which was great but Mckenzie trying protect him was getting rather annoying with Neil telling him about a women he ignored which is rather stupid that a women would go on twitter and have a go at someone because he didn't recognise her. What is this world coming to when people expect that if your famous you should know everyone and act like everyone is important. People have various life problem it's hard to be considerate all the time.  

Sorry rant over but this whole twitter thing really annoys me when you take pot shot at people just because you had a bad day.

Slone i felt bad because she really didn't deserve that but that was a good punch.

One Step Too Many

Well now we know what issue for investigation so it was fake even with all that fact checking but the editing of the raw footage was one step too far to fit the story.

2x06 One Step Too Many

Having to investigate all the facts was interesting but the General seemed a little to keen to go on TV in disguise and Jim's unexpected company during his diner date with Hallie fascinating

Red Team III

Well Mac, Will and will's boss trying to resign didn't go to plan but it was a good idea consider they allowed fake story to be broadcast but McKenzie figure out the edited footage thanks to the clock was smart thinking shame she didn't notice it before

They should have went with Jim's gut!

UPDATE FROM LBJ:

I am sorry but we received complaint from a company which said that it is asking on behalf of HBO, so we have made the show unavailable. We will hide them for at least 15 days.

Well this sounds to me like you are not legitimate or am I mistaking something here? Because if you had the authorisation to show these shows in the first place, you could just fix things with HBO instead of hiding something for 15 days?

Reply 96#96 romeoumulisa's post

As this is the first time this has happened in six years there's no reason to think it's not legitimate but only admin could answer that

2x07 Red Team III

I thought the footage sounded like it had been edited right from the start but what a shame Mackenzie didn't spot it earlier

Election Night, Part 1

Well this was an important night for Newsnight,  the election but you just knew something was bound to go wrong but who would of  thought that the trade story would be another army news but no wonder Will got mad and decided to let other host attack him.  I don't understand why there are only 9 episode i thought it was going to be 10 because 9 is such a odd number

2x08 Election Night, Part 1

Making another mistake so soon after the last one was unfortunate but didn't Charlie say if you make a mistake you should run, swim and never come back

2x09 Election Night, Part 2

The whole team willing to resign if the other three go was understandable as vetting the bad story was a team effort and why on earth would Will tell Mackenzie the ring was a practical joke if he didn't want her to find out, Sloan not being able to get a word out was amusing and the proposal was a nice way to end the season

Reply 103#103 codebreaker's post

Of all the things that happen in season finale,  the proposal has to be the most unexpected , which is great because you never imagined he would ask nor would you expected her to say Yes was a surprise, you would think they could of used that as cliffhanger for next season?. I suppose i like the fact everything got resolved so the extent that next season would be another news story.

Thread