Thread
Printable Version

Line of Duty Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Line of Duty Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A hard-hitting new thriller series explores the world of police corruption. When a counterterrorism raid goes tragically wrong, Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott refuses to participate in a cover-up.

Ostracised by colleagues, he transfers to an anti-corruption unit, AC-12, led by Superintendent Ted Hastings.

AC-12 is in the process of investigating one of the force’s most respected officers, Detective Chief Inspector Tony Gates. Not only has Gates just been awarded his regional force’s Officer of the Year commendation, his squad has returned the best crime figures for three consecutive years. Hastings is convinced that no one can be that good. Uncomfortable in his new role, Arnott initially questions the whole enterprise - but Hastings is convinced that no-one achieves those results by wholly legitimate means.

But Gates’ secret is something altogether unexpected. Appearing to be a devoted family man, he is conducting a passionate affair with an old flame, Jackie Laverty. When Jackie implores him to help cover up a minor traffic offence, Gates reluctantly agrees.

Gates’ squad, TO-20, is nicknamed 'the big, sexy crime unit' and includes Detective Sergeant Matt 'Dot' Cottan, Detective Constable Nigel Morton and Detective Constable Deepak Kapoor. Under pressure to have a more gender-balanced team, Gates agrees to give Detective Constable Kate Fleming a trial on TO-20. A talented detective, Kate soon wins Gates’ approval - and then starts winning his trust.

When Arnott delves into Gates’ case files, Gates is confident of seeing off the investigation. But that’s before he realises that Jackie’s minor traffic offence may have been something altogether more serious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre ... 6/line-of-duty.html

[ Last edited by bala at 6-27-2012 10:31 ]

BBC 2 Line of Duty ep 1: Stopping a suicide bomber

WOW

Episode 1

Well this certainly different show than i thought it was going to be but it should be intresting how it will get out of control that women is going be his downfall but delete the links after the other guy see them should make him suspious.

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes look like he has given up which is so sad and the fact that he was smart hide the glass in a police station dishwasher was rather smart.

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

That looked horrible but he really should taken back up with him instead of coming alone

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

The ending with all facts suggest that it was based on real events .

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well yeah i like the way he ended it taking responsibility shame he thought the only way out was that

2x01

I didn't realise this would be a new storyline but for most part Denton look innocent until that phone call   and those cop pushing her head in toilet was awful .

Episode 2

Just when i thought Denton was going to get caught turning tables on them was amazing but whoever the protective witness was it must been important based on their reaction

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

I thought the same-thing but i don't think she's a bad person just very perceptive

2x03 Episode 3

Denton first week in jail was horrible and this really doesn't show prison system in a good light but if in fact she's innocent this would worst

Thread