44 123
Thread
Printable Version

Sinbad Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Sinbad Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Sinbad (2012) Premieres on Sky One on July 08, 2012

An epic fantasy that stars newcomer Elliot Knight in the title role, alongside Naveen Andrews (Lost), Orla Brady (Mistresses. Strike Back), Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda) and Timothy Spall (Secrets and Lies, Harry Potter).

The 12-part series opens with Sinbad banished from his homeland of Basra and cast out to sea on The Providence following the death of his much-loved brother. Now Sinbad must embark on an epic quest to rid himself of the curse placed on him by his own grandmother (Janet Suzman), and embrace his new destiny.

On board The Providence, an intriguing band of travellers are thrown together, including taciturn Norwegian sailor Gunnar (Elliot Cowan), lithe jewel-thief Rina (Marama Corlett), and haughty Nala (Estella Daniels). Completing the ship's complement are the eccentric Cook (Junix Inocian), and the ship's cerebral doctor Anwar (Dimitri Leonidas).

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Sinbad (2012) Here

Looks awesome, can't wait!

Yeah me too i always been a sinbad fan since i was a kid

Me too I love the classic movies, like when he went on the search for the blue rose.

1x01 Pilot

Sinbad throwing the fight at the start to get better odds was impressive but at the cost of his brother life which was tragic and that was a close call on the boat

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-22-2012 09:35 ]

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well that was one hell of a punishment but 1000 years curse seem odd if sinbad is human wouldn't he be dead in 1000 years time?.  They have literally skipped over that part ?.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Was about to watch the second episode but the audio description was too much so I must find another copy as it's not on Sky go's any-time + yet

1x02 Queen of the Water-Thieves

Sinbad and his crew find themselves captured by a bunch of children was amusing but with Sinbad's curse he was worried about standing on land and who would of thought that saving the dragon would come back and save him

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-22-2012 09:35 ]

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes but i felt this was average episode but enjoyable to watch but i thought they should have dragon follow them

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I would imagine we will see the dragon again even if it's to give them some more wind in their sails

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Yeah i suppose it could make guest appearance depending on their production budget

House of Games

Well gambling with the ship was risky but we knew that game parlour wasn't all that seem

1x03 House of Games

Anwar gambling with the ship was crazy and bumping into Rina in the gaming house was amusing but she did the right thing in the end after Sinbad winning it back which was a little predictable

Old Man of the Sea

What a strange episode kind of lost interest half way through but did see the ending

1x04 Old Man of the Sea

There were some interesting hallucinations but Nala thinking she could bring her dead father back was a little bizarre

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-6-2012 19:28 ]

1x05 Hunted

Amusing decoy for Sinbad to escape and Gunnar's past coming back to haunt him was interesting and who would of thought his selfless act in helping Sinbad would save his own life

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-3-2012 10:43 ]

44 123
Thread