39 12
Thread
Printable Version

Go On Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Go On Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Go on Premieres on NBC on September 11, 2012

Misery loves company. Unless you're sportscaster Ryan King, who thinks misery should just be left alone.

After taking some time off, Ryan - who recently lost his wife in a car accident - is now ready to get back to work. And while he seems like his same old charming, cocky self, his boss won't put him back on the air until he seeks counseling. So, Ryan reluctantly joins a support group with one goal in mind: get in, get out and get back on the radio as quickly as possible.

Played by the fast-talking, sarcastic, and charismatic Matthew Perry, Ryan gives grief a real run for its money. Within one day of group therapy, he hijacks the meeting and suddenly the downtrodden are cajoled into playing a game of " who has the best sob story?" And in no time all of them are battling it out, trying to one-up each other's despair. Now, this is fun!

Ryan's total lack of interest in healing might be just what this group needs - and maybe, exactly what he needs to move on with his life. From Emmy-winning writer and executive producer Scott Silveri (" Perfect Couples," " Friends") comes a new series that proves grief can be good.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Go on Here

I bet this won't last one season

Pilot

Well i am not sure how long this show will last but it was a good first episode with him taking over the group finding out the person running it doesn't have experience in group since weightwatcher leader. It should be interesting but how he able lie to her so that he didn't have to go but realise he need help was nice . What a fun way end the first episode

1x01 Pilot

The soldier missing the birth and conception of the new baby I found amusing and Ryan turning the session into a competition was interesting, no wonder he exploded at the guy texting while driving but running behind the camera car was priceless

This has now been added to the flash site

He Got Game, She Got Cats

You would think he would learnt his lesson from the first episode and i really felt bad for his resistant being his replacement because he didn't want to alone at home was sad but you just knew interfere into cat lady situation was really backfire on him

1x02 He Got Game, She Got Cats

Ryan urging Sonia to dump her boyfriend was amusing but turning her into the cat lady was bizarre, taking George to the game seemed strange but when he was able to describe what was happening it made sense and catching the ball was impressive

1x03 There's No Ryan In Team

You just knew Ryan giving the group the cold shoulder would come back and bite his ass but I think letting them all drive the new car made up for it and about time he told Miguel about his wife but the fountain was a nice gesture

1x04 Bench-Clearing Brawl

Who would of thought Ryan giving Sonia his wife's sewing machine would have him crying on air but better out than in and how they got Ryan into Jeremy Roenick's hockey game was sneaky as he's been invited out of sympathy and Anne attending a lesbian wedding was interesting

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes but him getting kissed by her was amusing

Big League Chew

Well this show is starting to grow on me as the group seems always be around even when Ryan needs him but gatecrash the restaurant date with leader was amusing turning it around asking him for dirt on her was rather ridiculous but group pointing out whether she's in love with him was amusing

1x05 Do You Believe In Ghosts...Yes!

Steven enlisting Ryan to be his wingman after he broken up with his girlfriend was interesting and the group deciding to help Lauren study for her real estate certification exam because she caves under pressure when taking tests was nice but sitting in the exam room was amusing and Janie's ghost was priceless

1x06 Big League Chew

The group crashing Lauren's dinner date was amusing and meeting the man in her life was interesting but Wyatt dishing the dirt on Lauren was crazy

Any Given Birthday

What a way to celebrate your birthday but Janie birthday surprise certainly put the group in a tricky situation

1x07 Any Given Birthday

Ryan thinking at first that Lauren had set up the hotel room to seduce him was amusing but sad that Janie had arranged it for him

1x08 Videogame, Set, Match

I liked the way Ryan and Owen fell asleep playing video games but waking up at the same time and continuing playing was amusing but Owen and Ryan's practical joke were priceless

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes it was rather amusing them two but meet Owen mother was nice because she gave Ryan a reality check

Dinner Takes All

A bit of surprise to see Lauren Graham guest star in this episode she really did a good job but i knew that relationship wouldn't go further and what she said was nice .

39 12
Thread