24 12
Thread
Printable Version

Guys with Kids Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Guys with Kids Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Guys with Kids Premieres on NBC on September 26, 2012

From Emmy winner and executive producer Jimmy Fallon comes an absurdly funny new comedy about three thirty-something dads trying to hold on to their youth, while holding onto their new babies' hands. Easy, right?

Thankfully Chris, Nick and Gary have each other to help navigate their survival as new dads, while still trying desperately to remain dudes. Balancing work or staying at home, painfully married or happily divorced, they know that taking care of the little ones while maintaining a social llife is a daily challenge. Whether it's hosing the little squirt down in the kitchen sink or hitting the bar strapped with a Baby Bjorn, these guys are on a roller-coaster adventure - parenting like you (and they) have never seen before.

Someone once said it is much easier to become a father than to be one. These three guys are about to find out just how true that is.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Guys with Kids Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-13-2013 22:28 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-5-2012 05:17 ]

Pilot

This was ok comedy but it just wasn't funny and all character are so 1 dimensional and talk about cliché with some of the characters. Who knows whether this last past 1 season but it didn't impress me. Why do they think shows with babies would be popular just because rasing hope is successful doesn't mean copy cat show like this will be successful.

This is 3rd type with second being Baby daddy  

This has now been added to the Flash site

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

i am liking how fast they added new show only left is revolution

Reply 6#6 bala's post

They are on the ball with adding the new shows so quickly

1x01 Pilot

Chris trying to find a babysitter without his ex-wife Shelia finding out was interesting but he shouldn't of told her he's got a date and I thought she was lying about her date with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, I'm not surprised Nick was in the dog house when he forgets about an the event with his wife, Emily but I liked how he made up to her

1x02 Chris' New Girlfriend

Gary thinking trouble was heading his way because he forgot his wedding anniversary was interesting especially finding out she had also forgot but him almost pulling off the surprise was priceless

1x03 Marny Wants A Girl

Nick putting Sheila's breast milk on his cereal was amusing and Marny putting Gary through the ringer over having a girl was priceless considering it was just her hormones

1x04 The Standoff

The way Yoda talked to his dad and Nick was terrible but his determination not to do as he was told was impressive

1x05 Gary's Day Off

The guys agreeing to help Sheila move out in hope of getting the Giants tickets for Gary's day off was funny but the taking the couch back was priceless

1x06 Apartment Halloween

Lydia forbidding Nick's annual Halloween hallway decorations after the death of Miss Crane was mean and Gary and Marny conspire to scare off any potential buyers of Miss Crane's old apartment so they can expand their living space was that good it scared their own kids

1x07 The Bathroom Incident

Gary enlisting Emily's help with his messy apartment was a bad idea as she was dumping his stuff as well as Marny's but on the other hand with Chris and Nick having their own situation when Freddie and Ernie lock themselves in the bathroom it was a good thing Emily was out but I can't believe the mess they made getting in

1x08 First Birthday

Ernie's tattoo for his first birthday was amusing but trust Sheila to turn up and spoil it for everyone all because of the breakup of her relationship

1x09 Thanksgiving

Gary made the right choice to spend the holiday waiting in line to buy a brand new television when Sheila's plan for a very traditional dinner in hopes of befriending the group was a disaster but throwing it off the balcony was amusing

1x10 Christmas

Chris and Sheila not being able to agree on who should keep their engagement ring was amusing but I can't believe how many different ways they used to return it too the other

1x11 First Word

Chris and Nick arguing about who was to blame for Sheila being in their lives was amusing especially with the flashbacks but Sheila trying to get Ernie’s first word to be mummy was priceless as he said Sage instead

1x12 Marny's Dad

Gary leaving all the kids with his father-in-law was amusing as he was hopping they would be on their worst behaviour

1x13 Me Time

The trivia night would of been a good idea if it wasn't for Nick and Sheila's highly competitive nature but the way the others got their revenge was great and Marny being forced to lie to Gary to get some alone time was amusing

24 12
Thread