Thread
Printable Version

Arrow Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Arrow Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Arrow Premiered on The CW on October 10, 2012

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow - a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be - flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle - while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Arrow Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-22-2017 11:42 ]

This has now been added to the Flash site

Pilot

I have mixed feeling about this episode on one hand it was very action packed episode and very enjoyable to watch but i can see they tried to fit too much in this episode and fast pace was nice however for an audience it didn't have substance which was a problem for me.

You can't expect speed up beginning and expect us to like this character and cheap use flashbacks throughout the episode doesn't really help.

For this show to be successful you need develop it further than action packed tv series otherwise this series is doomed. I suppose most people tried compare this to Smallville but the problem Smallville wasn't action packed it developed the storyline very slowly which made it successful. You can't expect a show like this get good rating without develop character in the first episode.

Personally what i would liked to see Oliver as the playboy for first 10 minutes than him get shipwrecked for next 10 minutes and than focus on what he had to do island to survived and end the episode with him being rescued by the fisherman. This would made a good episode.

Arrow premiered to 4 million viewers and a 1.3 in the key 18-49 demographic, this marks Arrow as the biggest audience since the premier of The Vampire Diaries in 2009

Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

I just hope it keep it up for next couple of episodes ,

i think real test would be when it returns in january to see how many people will keep watching.

Arrow : Producers Preview

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I actually agree with you. I would have been happy to get to know ollie a little better.  I never knew he had a sister or a girlfriend.  My green arrow info is limited to movies and smallville though so I'm learning.  The flashbacks are  going to happen for awhile though I think.  5 years will be alot of flashbacks.

How did he learn Russian on a deserted island?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-19-2012 12:21 ]

Honor Thy Father

Well she was lucky that Oliver came to see her or otherwise she would been dead and it look like Oliver bodyguard is getting suspicious about Oliver but i have feeling he going Alfred to his green arrow.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I'm actually thinking the same thing.  I would like to see Ollie have someone on his side.  Even Clark kent had his parents.....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Thread