Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 9-11 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Grey's Anatomy Season 9-11 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 9 Premieres September 27, 2012

Discuss Anything About The Show Here

9x01

OK, without giving away what happens, let me just say that I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out for a show a hardly ever watch.  I saw the season finale and wanted to see how they would address what happened.  Some of it I kind of expected, but some, just gutted me.  It was enough to have me yelling at the TV several times throughout the episode.  I'll be interested to hear/see what others thought.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

I was the same Barb. In bits after watching it. I had no idea that's the direction they were going. Real tear jerker alright!

Yes it was sad but i was slightly annoyed skip over the rescue but i am not going talk about sad bits instead bailey nickname was rather amusing consider what her previous nickname was and those new interns really need to have a thicker skin because Hunt is right if you don't have ability to handle the job find something else to do. I am glad Arizonia is alive but she really should grateful instead of feeling sorry for herself. I know i do feel bad for her but that doesn't make up for what she lost . She will just have deal with it.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I agree bala.  BIG disappointment that the rescue was glossed over.  BLAH  I wanted to see that too.

I thought arizonia died or something and come to find out she's at home feeling sorry for herself.  Callie is holding it together with a thought and a prayer and she's in bed.  Wounded warriors come home all the time and figure out way to go forward.  

I feel bad for christina.  She's not fitting in.  She's unhappy and to boot she can't leave.  I can understand their fear.  It's certainly rational.  Karev staying was predictable.  

The interns will bulk up!  It will take time.  A plane crash, some deaths and stuff!  WOW learn what's going on in your workplace.  That would probably help.!!!  

Mark    
Lexie
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

It look like second episode will show that

Totally agree....I knew this was going to be a fast forward episode so wasn't too surprised about that. I cried like a little girl though, it was so sad. Looking forward to next week to see what happened in the crash.

On last years season finale' does anyone else think that the FX they did on Lexi was awesome, I thought they did an incredible job.

Remember the Time

Well not sure what to make of this episode because it was rather all over the place

Reply 15#15 bala's post

I found the whole episode rather redundant.  We knew or could surmise what happened.  Obviously some of the stories filled in some answers but not enough to be worth the whole episode.  

Christina- not surprised
Arizona - known
Mark - unnecessary
Meredith- known
Derek- known
Lexie- unnecessary

Stupid episode

Reply 16#16 arksongbird80's post

Well i know i don't know why they did like this at least back normal next week

Reply 17#17 bala's post

lets get back to grey's as it should be!!!

Reply 16#16 arksongbird80's post

I thought it seemed like they just wanted to keep the audience bawling for another week.  It did fill some holes, but they should have done a 2 parter in the same night to open if they wanted to do that.  I'm not even a big fan of the show, but I know for some who are, the season opener left them gutted.  Last night wouldn't have helped.  

Love the One You're With

Well i wonder how much the settlement offer was but turning it down was interesting and look like Christina can learn something from that old guy after all.

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I imagine the settlement would have been in the millions.  I do understand why they turned it down though.  

I'm glad that the character of the Dr. Thomas has more to offer.  I loved William Daniels (the actor playing the older doc) in St. Elsewhere, and like that they aren't just having him be a filler character, or an older doctor who needs to retire.  Cristina needs someone who is experienced and can teach her something.  She tends to do better when she has that.  I also like that she & Owen are talking, even if it's just about the settlement.  I hope she returns to Seattle, and I would really like them to be together, as they seem to balance one another's character.

9x01 Going Going Gone

Not showing the rescue in this episode was disappointing but the flashbacks were interesting, Bailey and Grey's nicknames were amusing but turning off the life support was sad

9x02 Remember the Time

Bailey describing Lost while on the plane was amusing and this being a flashback episode made up for the last episode

9x03 Love the One You're With

In all other shows they say never accept the first offer so turning it down made sense but would of been nice knowing how much they offered and there must of been a variation in what they each was offered

I Saw Her Standing There

Well it's amazing how Christina is starting to like the old man and certainly helped him master some of newer techniques .

Beautiful Doom

Wow what a way to bring Christina back to Seattle and he really went out with a bang   . If you going die you might as well be doing something you love this really take meaning working to death to a whole new level .

Sorry but i know it's sad but you got love the way he died especially on a tv series that comes up new way to kill characters.

9x04 I Saw Her Standing There

Both Avery's getting plenty of sex was amusing and Bailey's ball jokes after getting on the operation was priceless

Thread