Thread
Printable Version

The Mentalist Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I really don't expect them to kill off Lisbon.  I think that would be kind of expected, considering how the episode ended.  When she left Jane, I kind of expected something not good to happen to her though.  I was surprised that the diner people were the killers too.  Having just watched the entire series over the summer (for the 1st time), I'm excited about this show.  I am interested to see the reveal of who Red John is.  I'm almost thinking it might actually be Jane, but that would be awful - and I also don't think he would have murdered his own wife and child.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

I agree, they won't kill off Lisbon, but waking up with the blood on her face would be rather traumatic. She really should have listened to Jane and thought better about entering that house without backup.
Jane isn't Red John.. He isn't on the list and he wouldn't have gone through all this trouble tracking down the guy who killed his wife and daughter if it was him. I didn't expect Red John to kill one of the 7 on the list. But I like it that there is movement in the chase.The whole team knowing about it was kind of expected. Although I thought Lisbon would keep it to herself a little longer then this.

Reply 4#4 kellemanske's post

I thought Lisbon would have kept it to herself longer too.  As soon as she told 1, I knew the rest would know.  

When the guy was dying - can't remember his name - he said "tiger, tiger", referring to the Blake poem.  I'm beginning to wondering if the men on the list are somehow connected in another way.  We know that at least one of them is a member of that cult, and the cult leader is also on the list.  Not everyone is well versed in poetry, so it seems peculiar that it's been referred to by several characters unless they had something in common.

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

I agree that the poem was a message. Red John used it in previous murders as well. I remember the murder or suicide of one of the Red John accomplices who died saying this as well. So that does raise the question if he was an accomplice too or if Red John somehow made him say it. No way it was coincidence.
I don't think the cult boss is Red John, that would be too obvious, but I do believe Red John is somehow connected to the cult as the CBI boss (if I'm not mistaken) used to be a member but tries/tried to conceal it.

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

I don't think it's the head of the cult either.  That would be too "on the nose".  I know the guy that kind of took over Lisbon's job (blonde guy, used to be on Homicide: Life on the Streets), is in the cult.  I can't remember if the CBI boss used to be a member, though it wouldn't surprise me.  I'm curious about the phrase too - if the guy was made to say it or if he did it on his own.  I think all will be revealed soon - if the promos are anything to go by.

6x01 The Desert Rose

Lisbon trying to do something about the list of the seven Red John suspects was bound to happen and using Sonya to get to the killer was amusing as it was those in the dinner that was responsible

6X02 Black-Winged Red Bird

What a elaborate suicide attempt no wonder he speeded off consider what was going happens to him seconds later  

Reply 9#9 bala's post

No wonder Patrick couldn't get hold of Sophie but getting the three suspect worried about how much he knows was great

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I agree, that certainly puts a spin on things.

6x03 Wedding In Red

Grace's story about her love life was tragic but Rigsby overhearing and making the surprise proposal was sweet and getting married was great, Sheriff McAllister rescuing Jane from the roof was an interesting twist as it first looked like he was scared of heights

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say her hinting about getting married was what he needed to ask her but to use it as a way to propose to her was interesting way to distract and ask her at the same time.

6x04 Red Listed

Madeleine faking her own death was understandable but how Patrick figured it out was great and the list of fake Red John suspects does seem to be putting their lives at risk, Kirkland was a sick animal but who gunned him down was a surprise

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

He really shouldn't of mentioned tiger tiger thing as that let cat out of the bad leading to his death.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

but the tiger tiger thing really put a new twist on things.. Now we know what it means!

6x05 The Red Tattoo

Cho being stalked by the woman, Kira from the gym was amusing and her being a private eye was a novel twist but being killed was a surprise

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

As soon as she bumped in Cho i figured something was up with her but at least she helpful to help Jane identify red john?.

6x06 Fire and Brimstone

Jane trying to gather the five remaining Red John suspects in one place was interesting but alone was a hell of a risk and sods law there was more than one with the tattoo but nice cliffhanger

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I really hope we find out who red john is because this becoming like Alison thing on pretty little liar it never ends.

The Great Red Dragon

So this was much better episode but ending i can't believe .

I can't figure this out because shutting down CBI and letting everyone go means FBI are taking over and they no resources to find Red John since they are all fired .

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I'm kind of surprised they didn't demand to see his shoulder. But I don't believe he is walking away. Surely they'll go rogue.
I like it that we now know who he is, but catching him will be a challenge.

[ Last edited by kellemanske at 11-19-2013 20:55 ]

Thread