Thread
Printable Version

The Mentalist Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I really don't expect them to kill off Lisbon.  I think that would be kind of expected, considering how the episode ended.  When she left Jane, I kind of expected something not good to happen to her though.  I was surprised that the diner people were the killers too.  Having just watched the entire series over the summer (for the 1st time), I'm excited about this show.  I am interested to see the reveal of who Red John is.  I'm almost thinking it might actually be Jane, but that would be awful - and I also don't think he would have murdered his own wife and child.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 4#4 kellemanske's post

I thought Lisbon would have kept it to herself longer too.  As soon as she told 1, I knew the rest would know.  

When the guy was dying - can't remember his name - he said "tiger, tiger", referring to the Blake poem.  I'm beginning to wondering if the men on the list are somehow connected in another way.  We know that at least one of them is a member of that cult, and the cult leader is also on the list.  Not everyone is well versed in poetry, so it seems peculiar that it's been referred to by several characters unless they had something in common.

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

I don't think it's the head of the cult either.  That would be too "on the nose".  I know the guy that kind of took over Lisbon's job (blonde guy, used to be on Homicide: Life on the Streets), is in the cult.  I can't remember if the CBI boss used to be a member, though it wouldn't surprise me.  I'm curious about the phrase too - if the guy was made to say it or if he did it on his own.  I think all will be revealed soon - if the promos are anything to go by.

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I kind of find it hard to believe that that is the end of Red John.  I at least wanted the blind woman to come and identify him, like she did when it wasn't Red John.  The sheriff doesn't seem like he fits the description of the man she was in love with.  

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

I agree.  I really didn't expect such a big jump into the future.  Kind of curious as to what direction the show is going to take now.

Reply 42#42 kellemanske's post

I was glad to see them again too.  I know they won't be regulars, but I REALLY hope neither of them get killed because of the case.  It would be nice to see them now and then, and with their new business, it's a believable way to incorporate them into stories.

Reply 12#12 shinny's post

I agree - I liked the ending, but it was a bit soppy.  I'll miss it, but I'm glad they actually got to end it, rather than it just getting cancelled, like happens with too many shows.

Thread