130 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

Nashville Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Nashville Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Nashville Premiered on ABC on October 10, 2012

Chart-topping Rayna James (Connie Britton) is a country legend who's had a career any singer would envy, though lately her popularity is starting to wane. Fans still line up to get her autograph, but she's not packing the arenas like she used to. Rayna's record label thinks a concert tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music, is just what Rayna needs. But scheming Juliette can't wait to steal Rayna's spotlight. Sharing a stage with that disrespectful, untalented, little vixen is the last thing Rayna wants to do, which sets up a power struggle for popularity. Could the undiscovered songwriting talent of Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) be the key to helping Rayna resurrect her career?

Complicating matters, Rayna's wealthy but estranged father, Lamar Hampton (Powers Boothe), is a powerful force in business, Tennessee politics, and the lives of his two grown daughters. His drive for power results in a scheme to back Rayna's handsome husband, Teddy, in a run for Mayor of Nashville, against Rayna's wishes.

Nashville stars Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights, American Horror Story) as Rayna, Hayden Panettiere (Heroes) as Juliette, Powers Boothe (MacGruber, 24) as Lamar, Charles Esten (Enlightened, Big Love) as Deacon, Eric Close (Chaos, Without a Trace) as Teddy, Clare Bowen as Scarlett, Jonathan Jackson (General Hospital) as Avery, Sam Palladio as Gunnar and Robert Wisdom as Coleman.

Nashville was written by Callie Khouri (Thelma & Louise) who is an executive producer along with R.J. Cutler (The September Issue, The War Room, A Perfect Candidate) and Steve Buchanan. The pilot for Nashville was directed by R.J. Cutler. The series is produced by Lionsgate, ABC Studios and Gaylord Entertainment.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Nashville Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-23-2013 03:02 ]

This has now been added to the Flash site

Pilot

This was a nice episode and you can see that she going to be troubled but what worse i really feel sorry for  Juliette she seem act like she a spoilt brat and fact that producer are using auto-tune on her singing was rather amusing. There seem more substance in this series and there are more players i really hope this last but i did enjoy the first episode.

I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)

Well so much for denying that they don't have feelings for each other since that was an emotional song they sang at the blue bird club. Even Juliet charm wasn't enough to steal him and her new song does show promise but look like record label  prefer her to teen pop star rather serious singer.

Someday You'll Call My Name

Well what an idiot shop lifting with fans with cellphones

We Live in Two Different Worlds

You would think she would know better than to make it worse but begging her manager to stay on was a little desperate but she really needs guidance. .

You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)

Well this was ok episode but i was wrong about who photos were for i thought that it was for Rayana father but finding out it was her friend which put him in a tricky situation. Who would thought Juliet actualy did a nice thing for that guy .

Lovesick Blues

Well asking them to perform together, turned out to be a good thing but I think this was a start to an interesting friendship . I don't know how long this series is going to last but i don't think it's going anywhere fast . The storyline are so messy that the show cut and paste different situations to make an episode which makes it bad. Stick to one storyline per episode and build rest around it rather trying to cover everything in one episode. Stop trying make this series into Scandal series because you fail at it.

Eg Have one episode covering singers than next episode should cover photo scandal that way it built into a watch able series otherwise it get rather confusing as which storyline is more important?. The whole politics storyline makes no sense it has nothing to with Nashville. I don't understand what writer were trying do with this series. What was wrong with Rena husband being stay at home dad giving him this other storyline make him relevant in this series is rather stupid IMO.

[ Last edited by bala at 11-29-2012 16:19 ]

1x01 Pilot

Not a bad start with the rivalry between Rayna and newcomer Juliette but learning the record label wants her to be the opening act for newcomer would be tough

1x02 I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)

Rayna's kids wanting to watch Juliette shoot her video was amusing and Deacon getting into Juliette's truck didn't go down well with Rayna but stopping at nothing when it comes to getting her hands on him is going to be interesting

1x03 Someday You'll Call My Name

Rayna's girls in the talent show were great and Juliette's troubled mother, Jolene was bound to cause trouble but shoplifting herself was bizarre

1x04 We Live in Two Different Worlds

Juliette storming off the TV show was the worst thing she could of done and with Rayna's life not being much better but what has her husband been up to

1x05 Move It on Over

Teddy's past with Peggy and his financial troubles should of been obvious after the look on his face when he was told about auditors but I thought his campaign would be derailed if they find out until Rayna's father stepped in

1x06 You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)

Rayna being described as a mom singer with an SUV was amusing and Lamar's plan to delay Coleman with a police traffic stop was underhanded and Peggy must of been in on the photos with the hand holding and the kiss on the cheek but they did make it look like they are having an affair

1x07 Lovesick Blues

You got to feel sorry for Scarlett after walking in on her boyfriend with the other woman considering she drove him away with her suspicions and Rayna's girls looked happy with their mother singing with Juliette

1x08 Where He Leads Me

Juliette being late to meet Sean's family for the first time was interesting as it was in church but his sister getting her to sing was nice but what his mother said after diner was a surprise and I hope the proposal isn't just to get back at her, Gunnar kissing Scarlett could of risked his partnership with her

S01-Special -- The Whole Story

Interesting special getting the back story to the main characters and how their careerer progressed and recap of the show so far

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

I was curious about this since how can they give the whole story without giving spoilers ?

Reply 36#36 bala's post

It's more of a background to all the cast with lots of recaps

1x09 Be Careful of Stones That You Throw

Rayna suggesting taking her girls with her on tour was interesting as her marriage is on the rocks and Scarlett singing with the band was great

130 1234567
Thread