76 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Doctor Who Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Season 7 Here

Click Here For The Doctor Who About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Doctor Who on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 21:10 ]

what a great banner!  Good job Jim.

Do we have a premier date?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 2#2 arksongbird80's post

There are a few specials but no date yet

http://www.tvrage.com/DoctorWho_2005/episode_guide

Asylum of the Dalek

Great opening episode such a shame she turned out to be one but she would of made a great companion.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Gr8 twist!   Poor rosalyn .  I had hope for her.     Wonderful opening but we knew it would be!

Reply 5#5 arksongbird80's post

SPOILER ALERT:

That is the actress who is going to be the new companion.  Her name in this epi was Oswin Oswald, but it's not quite the same as the name given for the new companion.  I have to say, if it IS this character (which is possible with wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff), THAT was a great introduction.  Now I'm even more curious about her, and like that they kind of introduced her before she becomes more important, because it will make the change (and farewell of the Ponds) a tiny bit easier.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

So I'm guessing he'll figure out a way to make her not a dalek I guess?  I thought she would have been a companion.  She has spunk and moxy but not brass like donna.  Nice combo of Amy and Donna though.  Or do you think someone else??

When are the ponds leaving?  I thought they had another season (this one)

Reply 7#7 arksongbird80's post

The Ponds are in the first part of this season (and since they are the Doctor's in-laws, I expect they might show up sometime in the future), and the new companion is slated to begin with the Christmas Special.  I hope she is playing this character, as I really liked her too.  Not only spunky, but a genius to boot.

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

Well thanks for the spoiler but like you i am curious how it work since none previous companion had back story so it rather annoying we know what will happend to her. doing goggle search reveal a lot more

Reply 9#9 bala's post

While I'm curious, I haven't looked for more info.  Some of the info was very widely publicized, so unless someone has taken every possible precaution to avoid some spoilers, it was hard to miss them.  As for this companion, I like the ingenuity of the meeting, and look forward to the Christmas episode to see how she is properly introduced.  

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

So not a great episode but was certainly watchable there were just too many characters for my liking

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I rather enjoyed it, especially meeting Rory's Dad.  I thought it was fun, and at the same time we saw a little of the dark side of the Doctor again, which we haven't seen in a while.  They are already preparing us for the departure of  the Ponds (LOL), and I really hope it isn't a sad departure.  I really like them and will be sorry to see them go, but I know it's time for someone new.  I just want them to leave and be happy.  What I REALLY want, is for the Doctor to bring them somewhere where Amy can be fixed so she can have children, and for her & Rory to leave and raise a family.  I know, I'm a sap.

Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

Meeting rory dad was great but what a way to get hijacked .

The Angels Take Manhattan

Well this was Amy & Rory Last episode but the ending was tragic . She really proved she loved him

Reply 14#14 bala's post

That was heart-wrenching!  I admit, I was bawling.  I will miss them a lot, but I'm sure I'll come to like the new companion when the Christmas Special airs.  I hate that we have to wait again.

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

I'm with you barb.  I'm pretty torn up over the whole thing!!!    Unacceptable.  It was beyond sad.   I was glad to have riversong back and it was a good way for everyone to be together as a family.   But still    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Reply 16#16 arksongbird80's post

The even sadder part is that I follow a couple of Doctor Who fan pages on Facebook, and some of the posts since the epi aired seem to make it even sadder (some of them make me teary just reading them), though the fan art is really awesome.

Doctor Who Season 7 Christmas Special: "The Snowmen"

For those who saw it discuss it here

Well this was good episode but having scary snowmen who melt when you think about them was rather ridiculous as the enemy . I was left rather conflicted about this episode because a part of me liked the episode and part of me didn't because it lead strange ending but i like the new assistant i like how she went looking for him instead of him finding her.

So are we meant to believe she exist in present time ?

If so she won't know him right ?

Reply 1#1 bala's post

LOVED it!  I think we are meant to believe she exists in a modern time.  I don't know if she will know him or not, but I'm finding this introduction of a companion quite intriguing, since she has now been in 2 episodes, and still isn't one.

76 1234
Thread