Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

Yes it's certainly interesting but they small problem if this is the case which they can't kill her off i mean the fact she died twice came back in different times creates a problem from writing perspective technically it must mean she exist in all time period so unless they planning make her a permanent companion which i hope in the case it would be nice but than i suppose they could replace the doctor through another regeneration?  .

Reply 4#4 bala's post

No, it doesn't mean she would have to be a permanent companion.  She might decide to leave the Doctor and have a "normal" life somewhere.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

I think she's going to be his companion and I wouldn't be surprised if they both left at the same time.  Him to regenerate and her to go off and achieve whatever.

I liked this episode.  With the christmas special I always expect the children to have a bigger role, but this was all about clara and it was nice!  I liked it alot.  I especially liked the "kiss".  Hahahahaha
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 6#6 arksongbird80's post

She's definitely going to be the new companion.  I just thought Bala's assumption that if she exists in all time periods, they must be planning on making her a permanent companion for the Doctor, ie: there won't be any other new companions in future, doesn't really make sense.  

I really liked it too, and was glad it was about Clara, as we got to know more about her.  She's definitely unique, and MOST definitely quite brilliant.  I hate having to wait until April to find out more.

Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

Well your were partially right in that assumption i just wonder if she was going leave how they would do that but i suppose your suggesting wanting of her wanting to leave to have a normal life after few seasons doctor adventures make sense.

The Science of Doctor Who

Good discussion and some interesting points of view with lots of memorable clips

The Women of Doctor Who

Another great special from BBC America with some more memorable clips

The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who

Toyah Willcox and Peter Davison among others giving their points of view was interesting and yet again more memorable clips

The Destinations of Doctor Who

More great clips and great guests with their points of views

Pond Life

Nice little mini episode but trust Amy to get home moments after the Doctor deleted the message

7x01 Asylum of the Daleks

Save the Dalek instead of we will exterminate was amusing and unexpected and also Amy and Rory signing divorce papers was a surprise

7x02 Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

Queen Nefertiti asking Amy if she is a Queen was amusing especially Amy saying yes I am

7x03 A Town Called Mercy

Nice western episode but the security system saying thank you for choosing their software incinerating intruders for three centuries was amusing

7x04 The Power of Three

The doctor moving in with the Ponds while waiting for something to happen was interesting as he was board stiff and trust Brian to notice their clothes had changed when they returned to their anniversary party

7x05 The Angels Take Manhattan

It's probably a good thing the Doctor to rip out the last page before he realised the 1930s detective novel was about Rory written by River starting with when Rory was going for coffee but what an ending after jumping off the roof

The Snowmen

Clara hiding from the Doctor after knocking on the TARDIS door while in the clouds was amusing and also saying it's smaller on the outside made a nice change

The Bells of St John

Well a very good returning episode but storyline really hit close to home we all use wi-fi and the way they used it trap people entity was a scary thought. I have give it to writer to do original storyline we haven't seen.   .

It does seem like Cara is a lot more smarter than the doctor ?.

The Rings of Akhaten

What a sad episode.    I had some serious tear flow in this one.  Mary was very cute.  I loved her singing.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 30#30 arksongbird80's post

I felt this was boring episode it wasn't as action-packed as i preferred

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Boring, really?!  Wow, I didn't find it boring at all.  I thought when the Doctor was sharing his memories with whatever that thing was was really something, and then when Clara shared from that leaf (trying not to post spoilers in case someone reads this before seeing it), I was rather entranced.  I also found it interesting how the Doctor watched how Clara came about.  There is still SO much we don't know about her.  I think this time was in the same lifetime as last week, but earlier.  

Thread