76 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

look like she will dragging her kids on next adventure

Seriously if the kids told their dad their nanny was time traveller do you honest think he would believe it ?

7x12 Nightmare in Silver

Porridge proposing to Clara was amusing but taking Angie, and Artie to Hedgewick's World of Wonders was bound to have some sort of complications

Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

Yes this ok episode you just knew kids would somehow get into trouble but doctor playing himself in chess was amusing.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

Didn't u know the time lords invented chess!?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

7x13 The Name of the Doctor

Clara seeing all the old doctors in the lead up to the 50th anniversary special was great

Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Well i am not sure how i feel about this series finale yes it answered how Clara exist and i am happy we got see old previous doctors but was inputting Clara into old doctor who clips done well ?. The ending was interesting because i actually thought he was the great intelligence but it turning out to be a future doctor was a nice twist.

Reply 58#58 bala's post

I thought the man was going to be the Great Intelligence too!  Very nice twist.  I loved how they put Clara throughout the Doctor's entire timeline, and think they did a good job of inserting her in the old clips.  

And, Matt, Jenna, and Steven Moffatt are returning next season, though I've no idea how many episodes Matt will be in.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 59#59 waterlilybarb's post

Series finale or did you mean season!??????   Freak me out much.

It was a great finale, but it did feel very rushed.  We understand the impossible girl, but like you say lily, if Clara comes back what will the point be?

I missed the whole River Song dying thing.  Did that happen or is it a will happen?

So the next doctor is John Hurt?  Mostly this episode confused me.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 60#60 arksongbird80's post

In the UK, each season is called a series, so it's the same as season finale.  We never saw River die.  I believe, other than the 50th anniversary special, that she is done though.  Remember when they kissed, and he said they'd never done that before?  That was the last kiss for her, but the first for the Doctor - though I don't know if this one counts, since she wasn't REALLY there.

As for John Hurt, we know he is the Doctor, but we don't know when.  Matt is coming back next season, but there is most likely a regeneration in the works.  Jenna is returning as Clara too.  It's a matter of wait and see, because we don't exactly know where the story is going from here.  

I've watched it twice so far, and there's a lot of info.  I'll be watching it again.  

Why is this episode not on the site? Anyone know where I can go to watch it?

Reply 9#9 brittmarie033's post

None of the Christmas specials are on the site.  We keep asking, so maybe in the future they will be added, but for now, you need to find another source for them.  I watched it on television, but you might find it on itunes or netflix. Netflix offers a 7 day free trial, but being in Canada, I don't know if they have it or not.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Doctor Who at the Proms 2013

The kids anticipation when the Doctor and Clara arrived was amusing and what a nostalgic look back at some of the old clips including the black & white shows

Dr Who : The Day of The Doctor (50th Anniversary) Special

Well i am rather speechless after watching this episode i really can't believe they did this because they have just rewritten the back-story of Dr Who which is rather alarming considering the consequence of this situation from science fiction point of view yes this was fantastic episode but the fact they never show ripple effect of change the history really annoyed me.

I really hope they cover this in future episodes because changing his back story to where he never destroyed his home planet will certainly create a different dr who to current dr who.

A very cleaver use of 400 years calculation but it really took some liberties with the fact they use it 3 times for 3 time calculation was pushing it because no system could handle that much system information without crashing sonic screwdriver  ?.

Sorry i understand this was for entertainment purposes but if you use common sense you can see problems with certain part of the storyline.  

Overall it was very enjoyable episode to watch

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I loved it, and thought it didn't cause any problems that can't be explained in future episodes.

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

Yes i hope they do explain some of things that happened but i think i was expecting everything to get wrapped up like they normally do on special episodes.

50th Anniversary Special: The Day of the Doctor

This being the 50th anniversary special it had to cover the history of the Doctor and the TARDIS being transported by helicopter was amusing and Tom Baker making an appearance was nice

76 1234
Thread