Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

what a great banner!  Good job Jim.

Do we have a premier date?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Gr8 twist!   Poor rosalyn .  I had hope for her.     Wonderful opening but we knew it would be!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

So I'm guessing he'll figure out a way to make her not a dalek I guess?  I thought she would have been a companion.  She has spunk and moxy but not brass like donna.  Nice combo of Amy and Donna though.  Or do you think someone else??

When are the ponds leaving?  I thought they had another season (this one)

Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

I'm with you barb.  I'm pretty torn up over the whole thing!!!    Unacceptable.  It was beyond sad.   I was glad to have riversong back and it was a good way for everyone to be together as a family.   But still    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

I think she's going to be his companion and I wouldn't be surprised if they both left at the same time.  Him to regenerate and her to go off and achieve whatever.

I liked this episode.  With the christmas special I always expect the children to have a bigger role, but this was all about clara and it was nice!  I liked it alot.  I especially liked the "kiss".  Hahahahaha

The Rings of Akhaten

What a sad episode.    I had some serious tear flow in this one.  Mary was very cute.  I loved her singing.

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I think it had more to do with pulling in more viewers who are not up to date with the Doctor.  They are writting for more stand alone episodes, than the suble story arcs we are use too.

I personally don't care about those people.  Watch them on netflix catch up and lets get on with it!

Reply 39#39 waterlilybarb's post

I haven't been able to watch the 1970's episodes.  Netflix has the episodes starting in 2005.  

I missed the reference to his granddaughter. I think it had something to do with an earlier 1970 episode.....

Reply 44#44 bala's post

i just wasnt overly impressed with this episode.  I'm glad the ice warrior was reintroduced.  Hopefully we'll see more of them.  

clara just fell flat for me.  I expected her to say something, then she wouldn't and when she did it was just ehh.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

Didn't u know the time lords invented chess!?

Reply 59#59 waterlilybarb's post

Series finale or did you mean season!??????   Freak me out much.

It was a great finale, but it did feel very rushed.  We understand the impossible girl, but like you say lily, if Clara comes back what will the point be?

I missed the whole River Song dying thing.  Did that happen or is it a will happen?

So the next doctor is John Hurt?  Mostly this episode confused me.

Thread