Thread
Printable Version

Silent Witness Season 1-18 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Silent Witness Season 1-18 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Silent Witness Premiered on BBC One on February 21, 1996

Emilia Fox, William Gaminara and Tom Ward star as a team of forensic pathologists uncovering the truth behind suspicious deaths.

One of the BBC's most popular dramas, Silent Witness regularly draws audiences of over 8 million in the UK.
The series was created by Nigel McCrery, a former murder squad detective in Nottingham.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Silent Witness Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-21-2013 20:43 ]

1x01 Buried Lies (1)

The six year old girl seeing her mother having sex was terrible and the fact she blamed her son for not watching her when she nearly drowned but turning up dead later was a surprise as she was found in the water and Sam at the inquest was interesting as she managed to delay it as her superiors wanted it closed but who would of thought the boyfriend was in a previous relationship where another child died

1x02 Buried Lies (2)

The exhumation of the first child was bound to stir up trouble but considering the mother of the first victim changed her story after he threaten her son was a risky move, Gary hiding in the toilet was amusing but going back home and taking it out on the other kid was sad as he wet himself and what an idiot breaking into Sam's home but her son getting his revenge was great

1x03 Long Days, Short Nights (1)

Sam's run-in with the police surgeon was interesting as he might of contaminated the crime scene but Mark James being murdered after what he did to the girl first was probably a blessing in disguise and with Sebastian Bird being the last person to see her alive I'm not surprise he's a suspect

1x04 Long Days, Short Nights (2)

Another of Sebatian Bird's so called friend being killed shortly after they had a fight was suspicious and the fact that he thought because he is rich he was above the law, If Fran giving a blow job for heroin wasn't bad enough but being pregnant was crazy and who would of thought the police surgeon was the killer because of what happened to his daughter was a surprise

1x05 Darkness Visible (1)

Putting two drunks in the same cell was a bad idea as the one was quite violent in the restaurant but knowing the victim's arrest was a scam made it a double tragedy and I suspected it was a gay bashing from a copper, Sam catching Ricky with a girl in his room was amusing

1x06 Darkness Visible (2)

I had a feeling when the police constable whose wife reported her husband was cracking would be found dead but I suspected his partner was responsible and Jerry trying to kill Sam and then hold his own family hostage proved I was right but only being responsible for his partners death was a surprise

1x07 Sins Of The Fathers (1)

One of Sam students being worried that her arranged marriage to her future husband and he will realize she is not a virgin was interesting as she had her own boyfriend and sounds like she was raped on the boat from Vietnam but the fire in the restaurant and the body found was suspicious

1x08 Sins Of The Fathers (2)

The Vietnamese student talking Scottish was amusing as she got the accent perfect but her father killing himself and in the process killing DC Cox's was tragic and finding out the students was responsible for the first death was an interesting twist

2x01 Blood, Sweat And Tears (1)

Boxer Kevin Sharma dying from blows received in the ring was tragic but the fight on the building site first was more likely the cause of his death and I didn't realise the hit and run was the owner of the boxing gym

2x02 Blood, Sweat And Tears (2)

The trainer apparently committing suicide did look suspicious as her father was in a wheelchair and needed constant care and the fact she had just had a fight in a pub was to much of a coincidence but all the mayhem just to get control of the gym was predictable

2x03 Cease Upon Midnight (1)

Stuart being in the advanced stages of AIDS was sad but dying the night after his birthday party was tragic but his parents donate his remains to scientific study was a stroke of luck as no one thought anything of it as after Sam looks at the body and finds a needle mark in his foot and as it looks like an assisted suicide who assisted him in his death

2x04 Cease Upon Midnight (2)

Exhuming a body with the same needle mark in his foot was to much of a coincidence and I was surprised a priest was responsible for their deaths

2x05 Only The Lonely (1)

Finding out Helen was having an affair with Alan after she is found strangled on the street would point to her husband as from the evidence, it appears that she was about to leave her husband and move to Canada, it looks like Alan has been killed by Helen's husband

2x06 Only The Lonely (2)

It's now starting to look like Helen and Alan were both killed by Carolyn who is an obsessive work college and Peter wanting Sam to like another case was putting a strain on their personal relationship, Carolyn having six fingers on her left hand was her downfall for all three murders was a great result but going after Sam at the morgue was sad

2x07 Friends Like These (1)

Millicent being beaten to death in a local park was tragic and the fact she was 75-year old and had her hands tied behind her back makes you sick, the local residence not wanting to talk to the police was going to make finding the killer a lot harder but my initial suspect was the drunk who asked her for money but that would be to obvious and Sam seeing what looked like the kid rein acting the murder was an interesting end to the first half

2x08 Friends Like These (2)

I'm disappointed they dismissed what Sam witnessed the boys doing but catching one of the boys bullying another does make it look like he has a bad temper, what a tragedy that the bullied kid was hanged when they ignored what Sam seen, Peter getting Sam suspended for her interference was sickening as she was right and the two boy were charged

3x01 An Academic Exercise (1)

Annabelle a close friend of Sam's being found in her home, murdered after the Cambridge May Ball was tragic and again my first suspect would be the waiter who was sent home after spilling wine on her, how embarrassing for the guy being attached in the street after his girlfriend decked him and kicked him when he was down

3x02 An Academic Exercise (2)

Planting evidence in Sam's place and framing her for harassment was impressive as they broke into her place and used her phone before planting the evidence but as usual she like a dog with a bone that wont let go

3x03 Fallen Idol (1)

It's tragic that Gemma was found dead at the bottom of a staircase by her mother but finding out Gemma had already had a child and was pregnant was a surprise as she was only 17 years old

Thread