39 12
Thread
Printable Version

Lilyhammer (Netflix) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Lilyhammer (Netflix) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Lilyhammer Premiered on NRK1 on January 25, 2012

Frank Tagliano ('Steven Van Zandt' ), is a former New York mobster, who after testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano joins the witness protection program. Intrigued by the place after watching the Winter Olympics in 1994, he is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to becoming an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank soon discovers that in order to succeed in this rural Norwegian society, he must resort to his old ways.

Source
BBC Four

Discuss Anything About Lilyhammer Here

Not sure if this any good but trailer does peek my interest.

Most of the episodes are in subtitles .

What an interesting place too get relocated he probably right no would find him there

Reply 5#5 bala's post

The foreign element of this reminded me of Wallander

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well i don't mind subtitles when it majority of the episode it become a bit annoying because always have it on screen.

1x01 Reality Check

I liked what he did on the train but I expected them to gang up on him when he got off the train, I was trying not to laugh when he sad do you want me to talk to you or the dummy because I thought they were both dummies and the official should of took the bribe first time around

1x02 The Flamingo

Of all the subtitles to leave off was the student insulting the teacher but Frank putting him in his place was great and Frank flirting with her was amusing, the doctor will see you now was great considering what he had just done to him while he was on lunch and the ski slop torture was priceless

1x03 Guantanamo Blues

Frank's license not allowing him to drive in Norway was amusing considering he thought it would only take a couple of hours not months and the scratching stick was a strange birthday gift and the false alarm was priceless

1x04 The Midwife

The look on Frank face when Sigrid's midwife was a man was amusing but trying to secure a new one was crazy because they assigned him to another hospital, how embarrassing thinking the abandoned bag was a bomb when the phone in the bag started bleeping and again Frank's face when he found out she's having twins was priceless

1x05 My Kind of Town

I cant believe Frank broke the top of the range pushchair getting it into his car and what a idiot paying that much for a painting without any paperwork

1x06 Pack Your Lederhosen

Of all the nights for Frank to ask Sigrid to stop in his fancy new penthouse apartment they decide to have a fire drill with smoke and Frank loosing his temper was predictable

1x07 The Babysitter

The girls asking if he would film them running around the lake naked was amusing but I didn't actually expect them to do it and his friend being willing to wait while he finished was corny

1x08 Trolls

Jonas getting taken after the botched shooting was unfortunate but Frank and Torgeir trying to rescue him from the Mafia henchmen without Sigrid finding out was going to be hard but the ransom call from just down the road was amusing but getting the wrong car that allowed Jonas to escape was lucky

39 12
Thread