95 12345
Thread
Printable Version

The Carrie Diaries Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Carrie Diaries Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Carrie Diaries Premiered on The CW on January 14, 2013

It's 1984, and life isn't easy for 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw. Since their mother passed away, Carrie's younger sister Dorritt is more rebellious than ever, and their father Tom is overwhelmed with the responsibility of suddenly having to care for two teenage girls on his own. Carrie's friends – sweet, geeky Mouse, snarky Maggie and sensitive Walt – make life bearable, but a suburban life in Connecticut isn't doing much to take her mind off her troubles. Even the arrival of a sexy new transfer student named Sebastian only reminds Carrie that she spent the whole summer grieving rather than moving on with life. So when Tom offers Carrie the chance to intern at a law firm in Manhattan, she leaps at the chance. Carrie's eyes are opened wide at the glamour and grit of New York City – and when she meets Larissa, the style editor for Interview magazine, she's inspired by the club culture and unique individuals that make up Larissa's world. Carrie's friends and family may have a big place in her heart, but she's fallen in love for the first time with the most important man in her life – Manhattan.

The series stars AnnaSophia Robb ("Soul Surfer") as Carrie Bradshaw; Stefania Owen ("Running Wilde," "The Lovely Bones") as Dorrit Bradshaw; Ellen Wong ("Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," "Combat Hospital") as Mouse; Katie Findlay ("The Killing," "SGU Stargate Universe") as Maggie; Chloe Bridges ("90210") as Donna; Austin Butler ("Switched at Birth," "Life Unexpected") as Sebastian; Brendan Dooling ("An Elf’s Story: The Elf on the Shelf") as Walt; Freema Agyeman ("Doctor Who," "Law & Order: UK") as Larissa and Matt Letscher ("Brothers and Sisters," "Entourage") as Tom.

Based on the novels by Candace Bushnell, THE CARRIE DIARIES is from Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, in association with Fake Empire, with executive producers Josh Schwartz ("Hart of Dixie," "Gossip Girl"), Stephanie Savage ("Hart of Dixie," "Gossip Girl"), Len Goldstein ("Hart of Dixie") Amy Harris ("Gossip Girl") and Candace Bushnell.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Carrie Diaries Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-26-2013 12:46 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-27-2013 16:24 ]

You really couldn't wait until 2013  

Are you going watch this because i am still not impressed with this .

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Those preview actually make the series look good ?

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-2-2013 23:21 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-18-2013 22:11 ]

Pilot

I was never a fan of sex& city because to me it just felt like a show about women who were obsessed about men and getting a husband. I am not let that influence this series.

The lead actress was very likeable in her role as Carrie and she actually did a good job at portray the new experience of going into the city and all wonders it was like. I also like the fact that Carrie was narrating the episode and offering her views on the situation with her friends and new experience. It's quite easy for adults to forget about what a new discovery and experience are like for a young person most get used to it and wonder disappears. Think about when you go city you don't notice how wonderful it is because you become used to it.

Back to the episode while Carrie was good and they tried casting good looking people but i really didn't like Freeman role who's women she met in the store. If this women is suppose to be carrie's mentor i think it's a bad idea. She was quite annoying and one thing that would put me off in this episode.

I sometimes feel i am too old watch teen show because i way past teen stage .

1x01 Pilot

The way Carrie played the fainting part when her dad walked down the school hallway and her explanation of the last time her father did that was when her mother was dying was interesting, Freema Agyeman playing Larissa was amusing and helping her steal a dress was a little crazy

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

I completely loved that Doctor Who's companion made a show!  Awesome.  Her fainting was understandable and staying in the city after the fact was brave for 16.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-19-2013 07:37 ]

This has now been added to the flash site

Lie with Me

Well i felt this was a slightly better episode but theme of telling lies which was strange to see how she rationalised lying and i have to say the narrating is quite for this series. I am trying my best not to think about Jane by design when i watch this since it has similar storyline.

Like i said before i am really liking Carrie character and she very likeable in the role which make this series watch able and her friend certainly all different issues.

1x02 Lie with Me

I forgot this is based on the 80's but Larissa's mobile phone/brick was a great reminder but the way Carrie scrambled to make it work when she wants to do a photo shoot with her purse was impressive

95 12345
Thread