29 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Carrie Diaries Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

You really couldn't wait until 2013  

Are you going watch this because i am still not impressed with this .

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Those preview actually make the series look good ?

Pilot

I was never a fan of sex& city because to me it just felt like a show about women who were obsessed about men and getting a husband. I am not let that influence this series.

The lead actress was very likeable in her role as Carrie and she actually did a good job at portray the new experience of going into the city and all wonders it was like. I also like the fact that Carrie was narrating the episode and offering her views on the situation with her friends and new experience. It's quite easy for adults to forget about what a new discovery and experience are like for a young person most get used to it and wonder disappears. Think about when you go city you don't notice how wonderful it is because you become used to it.

Back to the episode while Carrie was good and they tried casting good looking people but i really didn't like Freeman role who's women she met in the store. If this women is suppose to be carrie's mentor i think it's a bad idea. She was quite annoying and one thing that would put me off in this episode.

I sometimes feel i am too old watch teen show because i way past teen stage .

Lie with Me

Well i felt this was a slightly better episode but theme of telling lies which was strange to see how she rationalised lying and i have to say the narrating is quite for this series. I am trying my best not to think about Jane by design when i watch this since it has similar storyline.

Like i said before i am really liking Carrie character and she very likeable in the role which make this series watch able and her friend certainly all different issues.

Read Before Use

Well reading her dad file on her boyfriend was so wrong but he really shouldn't have his work files in the house but i can't believe she told her dad about it. I am speechless about art show how you can call that art is just plain wrong but asking Carrie to show hers was just plain crazy. I really wasn't expecting to see that type of adult content on this show but using Carrie head to cover it was smart camera trick.

Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

I really like how honest Carrie is in this show

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Carrie really must be the most responsible teenage character on a tv show this was not what i was expecting i thought she would be a bit crazy in her teenage years, this goody two shoe character doesn't make for good tv but it feel like they trying make this into educational tv series about adulthood.

Endgame

What was Carrie thinking she could cook thanksgiving dinner by herself it was bound end in a disaster

Caught

Well having so many choices but i am glad the dad finally got spend time with his youngest daughter and hope things can get better look like we find out she has a difficult time talking to him because she was more closer to her mother than him.

Carrie having so many choices was kind of amusing teenage girl really do over think the simplest of decision

Hush Hush

This wasn't a great episode, it was obvious she was going caught in her double life but with all secrets out the next episode look even more boring with carrie unhappy.

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

Well Donna isn't as bad as we first thought which great she actually has a heart and Carrie really should careful who she blame but Dorret is a handful

The Carrie Diaries : Identity Crisis Preview

The Long and Winding Road Not Taken

Well Dorette getting her first boyfriend was nice consider he caught her stealing and Carrie have to decided where to spend her birthday was good but her dad present was rather great a credit card

The Carrie Diaries 1x11 Sneak Peek "Identity Crisis

A First Time for Everything

Well i have say Carrie have trouble finding perfect time to say i love you was rather amusing but going a little further and breaking up with sabastian was unexpected

Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

This was good season finale even if this show doesn't come back

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

Well i really like the fact Dorrit boyfriend decided to introduce himself to her dad while she was away and that joke about her not wearing make up was rather amusing consider what she did the next day. Samantha will certainly keep Carrie on her feet with a friend like that her life is bound to get complicated

Reply 61#61 codebreaker's post

Well i have to say i really like Samantha method of cooling down during the heatwave what a lucky male actor to get to see that . I am glad Carrie finally got to breaking point with Sam . Sebastian leaving key in the car to get payback on his dad was amusing .

Reply 65#65 codebreaker's post

i had a feeling Samantha and  Larissa,wouldn't get on but it will be interesting if they become friends .

29 12
Thread