123 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

The Americans Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Americans Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Americans Premieres on FX on January 30, 2013

The Americans created by Joe Weisberg and starring Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys and Noah Emmerich, is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Phillip (Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Russell), who have two children who know nothing about their parents true identity, grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Phillip's growing sense of affinity for America's values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan (Emmerich), an FBI agent working in counter intelligence.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Americans Here

pilot

This was fantastic start to a series and it been a while since i was this excited for a new show. This has been best pilot i seen this year while this is early in 2013 i don't think any series has become this close. I love how fast paced this series unlike homeland which i found quite boring this series has so much potential i just hope it get a second season.

I love the fact that these Russian spies are kind of having marriage trouble because they can't leave each other and with a wife like that i am surprised how patient he is. Keri Russell was excellent in this series and i was impressed how much restrain she had when captured that man who raped her but look on the husband face when he found out was priceless and seriously what with sound track to love making i just couldn't stop laughing at the song. it was very cheesy love song

Having FBI agent move opposite to them certainly made this more interesting

1x01 Pilot

Considering what Philip and Elizabeth are doing bringing the guy to their family home in the trunk of the car was risky but what he did to Elizabeth in the passed he had it coming and I was glad he went after that creep in the shopping centre that cracked onto Paige

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

This is what i like about the episode he did a good thing but he's still Russian spy but his wife is certainly more loyal to the cause i just can't wait to see how it will turn out

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 The Clock

The unwilling maid risking her sons life by not returning the clock was crazy but her brother attacking Philip was amusing and Stan getting his first asset should be interesting

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I watched the pilot the other day on the site and also found it to be quite well done, as well as very intriguing.  If the rest of the episodes are as good as this one, it should do well.  Some elements put me in mind of Alias, which was the last spy show I really enjoyed.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Gregory

Well i have say when we found out who Gregory was a surprise but new boss should be interesting

1x03 Gregory

How embarrassing for the FBI loosing the woman and baby but how they got her without being seen by any of the six agents following her was impressive

In Control

It's a good thing they sat on the information otherwise it would become world war 3 and fact they are falling in love with other is rather sweet

1x04 In Control

That was close call when Stan pressures his source within the Rezidentura to find out if the KGB was responsible and his partner not warning him didn't help

COMINT

Just when you think you got everything figure out they add more twist like FBI agent falling for the informant learning Russian to impress her but look on his face when she told him what she did for the information was priceless. That's first time he see him actually become concerned about what he is asking her to do.

1x05 COMINT

That was a close call in the FBI's car and that guy about to hit Elizabeth with the buckle on his belt was disgusting

Trust Me

Well i had feeling that was a test but i liked how she reacted when she found drowning her handler but i did find it strange they didn't backup plan with them MIA for her kids but good thing she now asked gergory to keep an eye on them but why wasn't he keep an eye on them before ?.

1x06 Trust Me

Paige hitch-hiking was dangerous but feeding the ducks on his way to work was bizarre and they should of run a lot earlier but Henry hitting him with a beer bottle was great and Elizabeth hitting their handler after being interrogated was a surprise but the car crash to cover their cuts and bruises was quick thinking

Duty and Honor

This was a weak episode since not much happened but i was right about him falling for his asset and her saying it's ok was just so strange .

1x07 Duty and Honor

Philip finding out he has a son with his old flame was interesting but I didn't understand why he slapped her like that until it became obvious they were setting up the other guy

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

The question whether she was lying to him or not ?

When he met her train station he asked whether she was lying that the son is his?

It does look like Elizabeth is trying make the marriage real

1x08 Mutually Assured Destruction

The Prostitute distracting the agent by taking him in the shower was disturbing but I doubt she knew what was going to happen afterwards, if only he had left the radio in the car

Safe House

Wow dealing with separation is hard enough but when you accidentally kidnap an FBI agent and kill him i have to say separation was reason for this whole situation if she hadn't kicked him out of the house none of this would of happened.

123 1234567
Thread