Thread
Printable Version

The Americans Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Only You

Gregory taking the fall for the FBI agent death was a surprise but to actually go out and start a gun fight with the cops

1x09 Safe House

Paige blaming her mother for the breakup wasn't what I expected and it's tragic what happened to Chris but it was self defence and all because he was jealous of who Philip was sleeping with

1x10 Only You

Making Gregory the fall guy for Chris's death was cruel but allowing him to go out with a bang in a gun fight was a surprise

Covert War

Well kidnapping the guy was amusing but letting him go at end was a surprise. Phil missing what Elizabeth was trying to do at end was sad because she wanted him to move back but he bought an apartment and than having a go at granny was great.

1x11 Covert War

Sandra may have been drunk but she was right about Stan and all his lies about working late and kidnapping Richard was a risky move but letting him made it all a waste of time

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

He really managed talk out of the situation but i did like the way she asked do you want to ........................ .

Reply 42#42 bala's post

The crossword clue to get Richard in the bathroom was clever

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

You would think as an FBI analyst he should more aware and asked himself why is this women firt with him. Elizabeth disguise was fantastic because she really did look like a nerd.

1x12 The Oath

Philip proposing to Martha in the hope she would plant the bug for him was a cruel thing to do and looks like Nina is going to become a double agent which should be interesting

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

I never really trusted Nina but you could tell she had the potential to become a double agent.

1x13 The Colonel

Being ordered to go through with the meeting that could potentially be a set-up was crazy and Claudia getting her own hand dirty by killing the guy was surprising as she casual sat and chatted while he bled out, the kids stopping with Stan and his wife I found amusing as he has no idea it's Philip and Elizabeth he was looking for

Comrades

Good start to second season but paige being suspicious and get an eyeful when trying sneak into her parent room was amusing . What a way introduce new couple just have them disappeared while their kids got killed was sad

2x01 Comrades

Paige did look embarrassed at breakfast after walking in on her parents the night before and it was lucky they gave their kids money for the rides while they seen the blood bath in the hotel room

2x02 Cardinal

Philip getting electrocuted trying to get the box out the floorboards was amusing and that was a close call for Paige almost getting caught using the phone

Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

I was surprised how he got captured by the asset considering how well they been doing mission

2x03 The Walk In

Paige snoops into her mother's family background was impressive as she was able to track down Helen not knowing who she really is

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

The fake grandma pretending not to know paige and tell Phillp was interesting but you know the girl on bus -do you think she was spy planted to keep an eye on paige ?  .

A Little Night Music

Paige is really testing her parents and it going to be interesting how they hope being spies with being a parent

The Deal

Well this is getting rather boring this used to be such an interesting show but this season has been disappointing so far.

Behind the Red Door

Well this was taking role play to whole another level but she certainly got more than she bargained for

Thread