41 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Americans Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

pilot

This was fantastic start to a series and it been a while since i was this excited for a new show. This has been best pilot i seen this year while this is early in 2013 i don't think any series has become this close. I love how fast paced this series unlike homeland which i found quite boring this series has so much potential i just hope it get a second season.

I love the fact that these Russian spies are kind of having marriage trouble because they can't leave each other and with a wife like that i am surprised how patient he is. Keri Russell was excellent in this series and i was impressed how much restrain she had when captured that man who raped her but look on the husband face when he found out was priceless and seriously what with sound track to love making i just couldn't stop laughing at the song. it was very cheesy love song

Having FBI agent move opposite to them certainly made this more interesting

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

This is what i like about the episode he did a good thing but he's still Russian spy but his wife is certainly more loyal to the cause i just can't wait to see how it will turn out

Gregory

Well i have say when we found out who Gregory was a surprise but new boss should be interesting

In Control

It's a good thing they sat on the information otherwise it would become world war 3 and fact they are falling in love with other is rather sweet

COMINT

Just when you think you got everything figure out they add more twist like FBI agent falling for the informant learning Russian to impress her but look on his face when she told him what she did for the information was priceless. That's first time he see him actually become concerned about what he is asking her to do.

Trust Me

Well i had feeling that was a test but i liked how she reacted when she found drowning her handler but i did find it strange they didn't backup plan with them MIA for her kids but good thing she now asked gergory to keep an eye on them but why wasn't he keep an eye on them before ?.

Duty and Honor

This was a weak episode since not much happened but i was right about him falling for his asset and her saying it's ok was just so strange .

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

The question whether she was lying to him or not ?

When he met her train station he asked whether she was lying that the son is his?

It does look like Elizabeth is trying make the marriage real

Safe House

Wow dealing with separation is hard enough but when you accidentally kidnap an FBI agent and kill him i have to say separation was reason for this whole situation if she hadn't kicked him out of the house none of this would of happened.

Only You

Gregory taking the fall for the FBI agent death was a surprise but to actually go out and start a gun fight with the cops

Covert War

Well kidnapping the guy was amusing but letting him go at end was a surprise. Phil missing what Elizabeth was trying to do at end was sad because she wanted him to move back but he bought an apartment and than having a go at granny was great.

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

He really managed talk out of the situation but i did like the way she asked do you want to ........................ .

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

You would think as an FBI analyst he should more aware and asked himself why is this women firt with him. Elizabeth disguise was fantastic because she really did look like a nerd.

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

I never really trusted Nina but you could tell she had the potential to become a double agent.

Comrades

Good start to second season but paige being suspicious and get an eyeful when trying sneak into her parent room was amusing . What a way introduce new couple just have them disappeared while their kids got killed was sad

Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

I was surprised how he got captured by the asset considering how well they been doing mission

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

The fake grandma pretending not to know paige and tell Phillp was interesting but you know the girl on bus -do you think she was spy planted to keep an eye on paige ?  .

A Little Night Music

Paige is really testing her parents and it going to be interesting how they hope being spies with being a parent

The Deal

Well this is getting rather boring this used to be such an interesting show but this season has been disappointing so far.

Behind the Red Door

Well this was taking role play to whole another level but she certainly got more than she bargained for

41 123
Thread