Thread
Printable Version

The Americans Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ARPANET

Well Nina learning how fool lie dector was interesting and planting a bug on ARPANET was more tricky than they thought because they didn't understand technological impact of that network.  

Reply 71#71 codebreaker's post

Yes but at least he gave her a chance first time calling Elizabeth

Reply 76#76 codebreaker's post

She hated what she has become at first she was excited but it clear by the end she changed her mind and i actually thought Elizabeth was going walk in on them at the end

Reply 82#82 codebreaker's post

Yes Jared confession certainly made things a lot more clear as what really happened but Paige is already close to distrust them but Elizabeth  thinking about at end was not surprising . The next season should be interesting to see if they will bring her into it or not.

Reply 87#87 codebreaker's post

Yes that was disturbing but making him help them was great because he created that mess.

3x03 Open House

Another close call for  Elizabeth i don't know how much longer she avoid getting captured

3x04 Dimebag

Getting ambushed by their daughter about getting baptised was a surprise and using a young girl turn her into asset does look a bit creepy

3X05 Salang Pass

I don't know about this season so far has been boring it start off great but last 2 episode were boring which makes it difficult to comment on .Seduce a teenage girl to get information is awful but consider you also have a daughter the same age made this mission more complex but seeing the training in the flashback was disturbing

3x06 Born Again

I am not liking the way this season is going yet i can't stop watching

3x07 Walter Taffet

It was about time the FBI finally found the bug that she planted in the office but i got hand it to her she got away with it smoothly but not telling him they found bug will certainly make his job harder   .

3x09 Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?

Sorry i forgot to comment on last week episode but them burning a person alive was a little too much to take in but it look like that Martha is willing continue giving him information which was a surprise but Elizabeth having a difficult choice make about FBI old lady was sad but i suppose let her killing herself was a nice thing to do considering the circumstances

3x10 Stingers

Paige confronting her parent making reveal who they are was interesting but i liked the way she handled it without being angry

3x11 One Day in the Life of Anton Baklanov

Paige having dozen of question for her parents were predictable and the fact paige knows the question will she become a spy or not?.

3x13 March 8, 1983

Paige seeing her grandmother with Elizabeth was nice but i can't believe Paige told her pastor that her parents are Russian spies make me annoyed at her as her parents told her what will happen . What a idiot she is i hope she will see consequence of her action

Reply 93#93 codebreaker's post

I am kind of glad she told them because now they can't kill him

Reply 100#100 codebreaker's post

I think he became way too close to her to walk away and what his wife did at end to make him feel better was amazing most wives would be upset

Reply 103#103 codebreaker's post

I thought when she walked out of the house he was going kill her

Reply 114#114 codebreaker's post

I just hope Pastor Tom doesn't develop feeling for Elizabeth because he does seem like she trying to seduce him by talking about her feelings. I am wondering what her game plan is because she really changed her tune after the apology than what she told Paige about him feeling guilty made me even more suspicious.

Reply 117#117 codebreaker's post

Paige is slowly understand what her parents really do

Reply 120#120 codebreaker's post

She has a long way to go i don't think Philip would want that unlike Elizabeth who seem to want her to become a spy and the fact that Henry is oblivious to what going is rather amusing he has not picked up on tension between Paige and the parents. I know he's busy with Stan's son but still no excuse for not noticing what happening in their house.

Thread