25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Mr Selfridge Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mr Selfridge Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mr Selfridge Premiered on ITV on January 06, 2013

Mr. Selfridge recounts the real life story of the flamboyant and visionary American founder of Selfridge's, London's lavish department store. Set in 1909 London, when women were reveling in a new sense of freedom and modernity, it follows Harry Gordon Selfridge ('Mile a Minute Harry'), a man with a mission to make shopping as thrilling as sex. Pioneering and reckless, with an almost manic energy, Harry created a theater of retail where any topic or trend that was new, exciting, entertaining - or just eccentric - was showcased.

Source
ITV
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Mr Selfridge Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-1-2013 08:54 ]

1x01 Episode 1

I can't believe Agnes was fired because Gordon asked her to try on a pair of red gloves, what ever happened to the customer always being right but at leased he made it right

1x02 Episode 2

It sounds like Agnes asking Mr. Grove for a job for her bother might have some sexual consequences and I had a feeling the artist wanted Rose to visit his place for more than just to see his work but Victor giving his gift to Agnes could cause trouble if she finds out who gave them to him

This has now been added to the flash site

1x03 Episode 3

Poor Agnes being the brunt of her nasty drunk father, Reg's frustration after being fired from his job and it's hard to believe make-up was kept under the counter back in those days

1x04 Episode 4

Miss Bunting being caught stealing silks and lace from the shop was a surprise but you can understand why Harry fired her on the spot and Miss Ravillous creating a stir with her short skirt was amusing as it was only above the ankle and poor Agnes being humiliated by her father, Ellen was bound to cause trouble now Harry has no time for her

1x05 Episode 5

Agnes not realising Victor was trying to ask her out was amusing and about time they ended up sharing a kiss but Harry paying her father off to leave her alone was nice, trust Beatrice to see Roddy and Rose sharing a kiss after he gave her the painting, Ellen going to see Rose to tell her of the affair was amusing as she knew

1x06 Episode 6

Mr. Grove cancelling the ladies lunch while Harry was unconscious following his car crash was bound to cause more trouble but knowing his wife has died was sad but Crabb calling a secret meeting behind Grove's back to address the Suffragette situation made sense

1x07 Episode 7

It's a shame Miss Bunting can’t get a new job without a reference and has fallen on hard times but Doris deciding to talk to Mr Grove to see if there’s any way Miss Bunting could get a reference was nice, Kitty having a mystery admirer was interesting but I didn't like the séance

1x08 Episode 8

Harry getting worried of the possibility of a west end branch of Woolworth’s was interesting as they aimed at different ends of the market and you can understand why Rose was annoyed at Roddy for making a move on her children to get close to her

1x09 Episode 9

I cant believe Miss Bunting has killed herself but explains why they all got stuck on the tube as it was her body on the line and finding a letter addressed to Harry in her purse was a shock as he refused to give her a reference, Victor standing up to Lady Mae and saying no thanks was great

1x10 Episode 10

Edward VII wanting to visit the store for an after-hours shopping spree was interesting as Harry wasn't keen until he knew it was the King and Harry being invited to be the king's guest on the first night of Ellen Love's new play was bound to make things awkward with Rose but who would of thought the play was about them which was embarrassing for them

2x01 Episode 1

Lady Mae being surprised by her husband's unexpected arrival in London was interesting but the way he spoke to Harry he sounded like a pompous ass and Kitty giving him the brush off was impressive as she was also very polite

2x02 Episode 2

I thought at first Miss Hawkins was making a fool of herself thinking he was talking about her but what a way to get his attention at the party and you just knew the union would cause trouble and you just knew Lady Mae agreeing with Harry over her husband would have consequences

2x03 Episode 3

Mr Grove being given his final warning for being late was bound to happen sooner or later but what a recovery and Miss Mardle inheriting a beautiful London home and income from her brother was interesting as she confided in Mr Grove,  Lady Mae changing the locks on Loxley was risky as he's been know to be violent

2x04 Episode 4

The men signing up to do all they can for the war effort was understandable but with 80% of Harry's staff being eligible for service so having to find some replacements is going to be amusing especially with the lifting of the heavy crate and now all the jobs open for women

2x05 Episode 5

The ladies having to wear men's cloths doing the men's jobs in the stockrooms was amusing and Rose coming Mr. Grove's aid because of his embarrassment was nice, Mr Thackeray snooping is going to cause trouble and who would of thought the rifle training would be so popular, Lord Loxley loosing to Harry was great

2x06 Episode 6

Victor not shutting his mouth long enough for Agnes to say yes to his proposal was amusing and Mae must be mad staying with Lord Loxley as he treats her like a possession, Henri getting arrested for being a spy I seen coming and it's obvious who is behind it

2x07 Episode 7

I suppose the police swarming the store should of been expected after Henri was arrested and glad to see Mr Thackeray looks worried for what he has done and I hope Loxley trying to stitch up Harry while he's away comes back and bits him in the ass, Gordon going to pay his respects to Dave's family after being killed was nice

2x08 Episode 8

Miss Mardle being concerned about Agnes was nice as the telegram about George being missing in action was sad and Harry returning back in the country surrounded by the bad publicity was predictable, finding out 22 men having lost their lives was tragic, Gordon getting drunk was amusing

25 12
Thread