Thread
Printable Version

Defiance Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I wouldn't mind that because I think it's supposed to enhance the viewing experience, but I'm just not into those kind of games.  They did say that you won't miss anything if you don't play, just that you might get more back story and a fuller experience of the story by doing both.  I sometimes watch a show on our SPACE channel that talks about stuff like that.  Even though this show isn't airing on SPACE here, since it is a sci-fi series, I expect they will talk about it at some point.  I'll be curious to hear what people who are participating online have to say about how that affects their view of the show.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go

The second episode started with one of alien running away but i love how they reconnect to previous episode and think ben was dead was surprise when bought back to life by bad guys for second chance but going underground was interesting as we didn't know city were beneath it .

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go

The ritual that involves the torture of offender was barbaric and I had a feeling Irisa would take offence and do something about it but dying afterwards made the rescue and conflict a waste of time

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

I agree on that front - the torture was barbaric, and bound to cause conflict.  I don't think it was a waste of time in the overall scheme of things though, as it might bring about some kind of reforms that all have to abide by.  

Nice choice of music to play for the burial, or memorial - Nirvana's Come As You Are.  The lyrics were very appropo.  I'm curious as to what that thing was that Rafe found among his son's things. I saw some Canadian currency - not too surprising since it's shot in Toronto, but his sister said he collected old pennies.  They are being phased out since they actually DO cost more to make than they are worth.  

I also found the set design for Old St. Louis to be pretty cool.  They included remnants of some very iconic landmarks.  We've already seen the Arch, which ascends into the new city, but the old stuff was cool.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

The Devil in the Dark

Hiding behind his wife when those creatures attack him was rather amusing

1x03 The Devil in the Dark

Christie was lucky considering her clothes had been contaminated and Irisa's visions leading them to the killer was great

Defiance - "A Well Respected Man"

1x04 A Well Respected Man

Kenya being abducted by a bio-man was bound to have repercussions but Nolan and Amanda going to Datak for help was bound to have a high price

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yes you could tell bioman made a mistake it's clear to me they don't have brain and are just robots. Kenya was really smart to figure out she was in a dream and give her credit as to how she handle herself. I did find it amusing when she told Noland she would stop charging him and having sister walk in on them and her unable not to look away was great.

1x05 The Serpent's Egg

The look on Irisa's face when she recognised the face from her past was interesting but what she did to him was a surprise until we found out what he did to her but he was persistent about being the wrong guy and who was behind Nolan and Amanda danger outside of town was crazy

1x06 Brothers in Arms

Eddie willing to take the fall for Pol's death was a surprise as he was about to trade Nolan for the lost bounty and it was obvious he was being nice only as a clue he was under duress

Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

That was some quick thinking on his part being nice was so amusing .

Defiance - New Episodes Return June 3rd

1x07 Goodbye Blue Sky

I can't believe Stahma hired Kenya to teach her son in the art of pleasuring a human female but talking about the G spot was amusing and Sukar being shot when he was trying to save them was tragic

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

What i found rather amusing Kenya and Stahma  in bed and suggesting a two for one

Reply 37#37 bala's post

At leased it was her husband and not her son as that's who she was hired to help

Defiance "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times"

I Just Wasn't Made for These Times

Finding a famous Astronaut was amazing but find out he was alien clone was sad

Thread