86 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Motive Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Motive Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Motive Premieres on CTV on February 03, 2013

MOTIVE is an unconventional way to watch a crime drama unfold. Each episode of the new CTV Original Drama begins by revealing not only the victim, but the killer as well. It’s not a “whodunit,” it’s a “whydunit,” a question faced by spirited female Vancouver homicide detective Angie Flynn (Kristin Lehman) as she begins to piece together the clues from the crime. How are the victim and killer connected? What is the motive? As the mystery unfolds, the audience navigates a complicated maze of clues alongside the detective and her team.

In the series’ signature teaser, viewers meet the killer and the victim in two separate opening vignettes. This surprising format challenges both the lead character and the audience to solve the mystery each week. While Angie sets out to piece together a murder plot, viewers spend time with the killer both before and after the crime, giving them the opportunity to delve inside the mind of a criminal, and understand their motive.

Flashbacks to the killer and victim amplify the tension and reveal their shared backstory. The narrative focuses on the unique cat-and-mouse element of the series as Angie closes in on the killer, and the evidence needed to solve the crime.

MOTIVE’s disarming and street-smart lead character Angie Flynn doesn’t suffer fools or authority figures lightly. Leading criminals and co-workers alike down the garden path, they soon realize that taking this sexy and sassy force-of-nature at face value is a major mistake. Viewers will be entertained by Angie’s character, intrigued by her investigation, and emotionally invested in both.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Motive Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-4-2013 21:58 ]

Pilot

Well this was average crime drama but it was nice know who the killer was at the start and who victim was and how it unfolded.   . I have to say he was very lucky at house hiding in attic and get away but photo on her phone was odd because when he escaped she was in house so how she got photo of him leaving was strange.

I had a feeling the dog was key to solving the case

1x01 Creeping Tom

Telling the dog to sit was amusing as none of the others would go in the room and no wonder the wife was in the spare room but not doing a complete search of the house was careless and Willy going after the reward was stupid and I'm not surprised the other kid tried to frame him

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Crimes of Passion

Killing his babysitter with a hit-and-run accident was diabolical but framing her ex-boyfriend was impressive but David's reaction after he was released made himself looked suspicious

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I have to admit it was rather impressive frame job but i am glad it's was driver seat that give the cop suspicion because it was overlooked

Pushover

I had feeling that Leann was using the customs officer and i am not surprised he tried to frame her after he found out she was using him .

1x03 Pushover

I cant believe the customs guy thought nobody would come back for the money and pills but framing Leann with the pills while he took the money was clever considering she was playing him

1x04 Against All Odds

The $1 million life-insurance would make you think that was a motive for the wife but the connection between the lawyer and the killer was not what I expected

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes that was surprise but who wouldn't kill for that shame she got blood otherwise she would been a millionaire

1x05 Public Enemy

Chloe killing Michael after seeing his photo in an open house seemed strange until we found out what he had done to her and to be honest he got what he deserved

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Yes he got what he deserved but that did take a lot of planning to do .

The fact the female cop seems to be only detective that figure out people motives is crazy.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

The two women connected to the victim both being from other shows we have watched was nice

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-12-2013 19:38 ]

1x06 Detour

Barry being a year sober only to wake up drunk with scratches on his arm was interesting as he was the killer and going back to clean the phone was a close call but him being a cop explained how he knew what to do

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

It was a tough case but she really went beyond to get the guy following him to his hometown so make him crack up.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Being told to take a couple of days off was interesting as you just knew she would carry on investigating in her own time

Out of the Past

Well if your stupid enough to have you photo taken and put in the national newspaper when your a war criminal i don't know what to say ?. That was careless

1x07 Out of the Past

I liked the way the victim handled the robbers before he was murdered as he was out numbered 3 to 1 and going after the killer knowing what she had done in the past was a little careless, Angie adding dynamite too rock, paper, scissors was amusing

1x08 Undertow

Strangers on a train style murder was clever as it would of been too obvious if Charles had killed his brother for what happened to his son

1x09 Framed

The son going to see the victim was unfortunate as he had no idea his mother was the killer but trying to take the blame to protect his mother was predictable, what a moron she was painting over a masterpiece worth over a million dollars for a lousy hundred dollars

86 12345
Thread