Thread
Printable Version

Hannibal Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hannibal Cancelled at NBC

NBC has stuck a fork in Hannibal.

The Peacock network has cancelled Bryan Fuller’s acclaimed, lush thriller, TVLine has confirmed.
The show’s current third season — slated to wrap up in late August — will be its last

“NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers,” Fuller said in a statement. “[NBC president] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure.
“Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer,” Fuller added, “but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

NBC issued its own statement, saying, “We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons. Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”
NBC’s decision to pass on a Season 4 hardly comes as a surprise, given Hannibal’s eroding ratings. The June 11 episode notched a series-low 1.7 million viewers and a 0.5 in the demo.

courtesy https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/hannibal-cancelled-nbc-205040176.html

Reply 64#64 Milks26's post

About time

Reply 65#65 bala's post

I can't really comment cause I've never watched it. Now that its cancelled I'll get around to it one day.

3x01 Antipasto

After Hannibal successfully escaped FBI capture you would of expected to find out who lived and who died from last seasons bloodbath at the start but Anthony becoming the next victim was obvious

3x02 Primavera

About time we found out Will survived the horrific event that almost took his life last season but not knowing if Abigail survived or it was in Will's imagination was confusing at the start

3x03 Secondo

No mention of Crawford in the first two episodes I assumed he was dead but pleasantly surprised to see him still alive and Will's encounter with Chiyoh could of been deadly

3x04 Aperitivo

Jack having to cope with Bella's failing health after his own near death experience was sad but her death was expected

3x05 Contorno

Impressed she figured out Bedelia was shopping for Hannibal by what she ordered and Will must be running out of lives after surviving being pushed off the train but Jack beating seven bells out of Hannibal was great

3x06 Dolce

Mason making plans for Hannibal's capture was a little premature and looks like Will has run out of lives

3x07 Digestivo

The Italian police being on Mason Verger's payroll was a nice twist after the last person he sent was hanged by Hannibal and I cant believe Will is still alive after the last attack but Mason using a pig as a surrogate was disturbing

3x08 The Great Red Dragon

Hannibal being under lock and key for three years after his surrender is a hell of a jump but as it's the final season they must be trying to wrap it all up nicely and Jack approaching Will to help catch the latest serial killer was understandable as he was targeting whole families

Thread