Thread
Printable Version

How to Live with Your Parents Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How to Live with Your Parents Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How to Live with Your Parents Premieres on ABC on April 03, 2013

Polly (Sarah Chalke) is a single mom who has recently divorced. The transition hasn’t been easy for her, especially in this economy. So, like a lot of young people living in this new reality, she and her daughter, Natalie (Rachel Eggleston), have moved back home with her eccentric parents, Elaine (two time Golden Globe® and Emmy® nominee Elizabeth Perkins) and Max (three time Emmy® winner Brad Garrett). But Polly and her parents look at life through different generational lenses. Polly (in contrast to how she was raised) aspires to be organized and together, while Max and Elaine live a more free-flowing, improvisational life-style. Polly wants to take it slow with new relationships, while her parents encourage her to be more sexually adventurous. Polly’s co-worker and close friend, Jenn (Stephanie Hunt), also encourages her to jump right back into the dating world.

Polly and her parents’ views on parenting itself also conflict: Polly wants to be an involved modern parent, but Max and Elaine are laid back, hands-off parents from the 1970s. Polly believes children need to be sheltered and have structure and guidance, while Max and Elaine feel that children need the freedom to fall and pick themselves back up. After all, Polly turned out okay, so what’s the big deal?

They say it takes a village to raise a child, but in Polly’s case, this village is on fire, and although her ex-husband Julian’s (Jon Dore) intentions are good, he doesn’t exactly help extinguish the flames. But through figuring out how to live with her dysfunctional family, Polly realizes she might even be able to learn a few helpful things about herself.

How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest Of Your Life) stars Sarah Chalke as Polly, Elizabeth Perkins as Elaine, Jon Dore as Julian, Rachel Eggleston as Natalie, Stephanie Hunt as Jenn and Brad Garrett as Max.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About How to Live with Your Parents Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-9-2013 05:02 ]

This has now been added to the flash site

Pilot

Well i wasn't planning on watching this but since this got added i might as well give it a shot and it was ok episode but it just wasn't funny. . It was more ridiculous than anything else . Guess my first impression were right about this.

I have stop watch Go on , mindy project and happy ending - just got bored of them.

I don't know why but comedy don't interest me much anymore

1x01 Pilot

Polly running from the small dog was amusing as she tried to say it was Natalie who was scarred of dogs

1x02 How to Get off the Couch

Polly hurting her back training would of been painful but trying get her in the MRI machine was amusing as she was supposed to be suffering with her back and her parents being worried about her being off her feet for three weeks was priceless

1x03 How to Live with the Academy Awards Party

Analysing the security cameras after Polly's encounter with Scott was amusing and what was with the suicidal gold fish

1x04 How to Not Screw Up Your Kid

Misplacing the tickets in her hair was amusing but Natalie inventing an imaginary bully was a clever way to deal with her parents and get what she wants

1x05 How to Run the Show

Polly trying to spend time with Scott was amusing as she was almost naked in front of his kids and allowing Natalie to scream like that was a surprise but Elaine and Max loosing Natalie while babysitting was predictable

1x06 How to Fix Up Your Ex

Polly stealing Olivia's Ipad in the hope of getting a date for Julian with her was the craziest idea ever

1x07 How to Stand on Your Own Two Feet

Polly being determined to start paying her own way would of been a nice idea but I cant believe she never knew her parents were putting money in her account and the misunderstanding with the nude painting was amusing

1x08 For The Rest Of Your Life

Natalie giving her mother advise was amusing as it was obvious she had been coached by her grandmother and Polly helping Julian figure out his feelings for his new girlfriend was interesting

1x09 How to Get Involved

Elaine and Max deciding to get involved after Natalie announced that she's playing a "hillside" in the school play was interesting as they didn't get involved in Polly's school life but Max on stage was priceless

1x10 How to Have a Playdate

Polly trying to arrange a play date for Natalie to fit in with the other kids and their mothers was bound to go wrong but it's a good job Elaine tried to steal the show

1x11 How to Not Waste Money

Max and Polly trying to use all the coupons she collected was amusing but I cant believe Max had Elaine's keys all along

1x12 How to Help the Needy

I cant believe Julian cut off Max's finger but the dog almost getting it was amusing

1x13 How to Be Gifted

Polly running home with the folder but forgetting Natalie was amusing but trying to get Natalie into the gifted program was interesting

Thread