124 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

Vikings Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Vikings Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

While VIKINGS is filled with conflict, warfare and bloodshed – for these were extreme times – it is a family saga at heart. It follows the adventures ofRagnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel, The Beast, Baytown Outlaws), a curious, compelling  man who is always looking to break through barriers and discover new worlds to conquer. A young farmer and family man, Ragnar is deeply frustrated by the unadventurous policies of his local chieftain, Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne, In Treatment, Usual Suspects, Millers Crossing), who continues to send his Vikings raiders east every summer, to the Baltic states and Russia, whose populations are as materially poor as themselves.

VIKINGS will chart Ragnar’s ambitions to discover civilizations across the great ocean to the west as well as his inevitable conflicts along the way. With the help of his jester friend Floki, (Gustaf Skarsgard, The Way Back), they build a new generation of boats – faster, sleeker and more beautifully crafted than anything else on the sea.

The series will also delve into how the Vikings – the last pagans – worshipped ancient gods like Odin, Thor, Freya and Loki. Ragnar claims to be a direct descendant of the Norse god Odin, who, as well as being the god of warriors slain in battle, is also the god of curiosity.

Joining Fimmel, Byrne and Skarsgard are Katheryn Winnick (Bones, Love and Other Drugs, The Black Marks) as Lagertha, a fierce shield maiden and Ragnar’s wife; Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, Nip/Tuck, Friday Night Lights) as Siggy, Earl Haraldson’s beautiful wife; George Blagden (Les Miserables, Wrath of the Titans) as Athelstan, a young, innocent Christian monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England and Clive Standen(Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive, wild, care-free brother.

Show Site

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 12-3-2016 17:21 ]

Vikings Trailer History channel

Episode 1

I was impressed how that women handled those two men who tried to attack her while her husband was away. Taking his son to see how real world work certainly surprised him.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-8-2013 10:48 ]

Wrath Of The Northmen

Well i did find it amusing how she attacked her husband and tell his son they were having an argument.   . I wasn't expecting that sort humour on this because she's one firsy women. i am curious what she meant by that she saved him ?. I really felt bad for those priest because they had no idea these Vikings were coming .

1x01 Rites of Passage

The way Lagertha defended herself from the two assailants was awesome as they thought they would have their wicked way with her while the men were away, taking the young boy to see the execution was disturbing

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well he was trying teach his son what real world was like and conversation he had about him not being around and him being man was interesting.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Well I think making his son watch his head being chopped off was sick

1x02 Wrath of the Northmen

The master offering his wife I found amusing as it was only a test to see if he can be trusted and the fact he betrayed the others he got what he deserved and the attack on the priest was a little over the top as they were unarmed

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

That was one hell of a test but he is a nasty king i can't wait to see the look on his face when the vikings return with church loot

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I was impressed with what the used to navigate the seas to the west

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yes but how did they know about how it worked ? - i assume viking had no education so for them to understand was rather impressive.

Episode 3

I did find it amusing when he asked his slave priest to join in but taking him as prize was interesting choice consider what was avaliable but making him in charge of his kid while he takes his wife on raid was even more surprising thing. You really question what these Vikings are about since he seem to be the only one with brain   

I had a feeling the second raid wouldn't go to plan but his brother force a battle was unfortunate

1x03 Dispossessed

It was obvious that the Earl would keep the treasure for himself but taking the Priest instead of one piece of gold was a pleasant surprise as the Earl would of probable killed him and he knew better than to take Lagertha's son while she was holding the axe

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

I can't believe priest didn't figure out why he was asking all those question about England you would think for an educated man he would figured they planning to raid other places ?

This has now been added to the flash site

Trial

Well killing kings brother on raid after he tried rape her and he got what he deserved but trying explain it to king was rather difficult.

1x04 Trial

Lagertha killing Kauko after trying to rape her was great as he deserved it and Ragnar's crews battle on the beach was interesting as they were outnumbered

Burial of the Dead

Well i actually thought this was the season finale but i was wrong but what a turn of events for  Ragnar' becoming the new king . Best of luck because he needs it but his brother taking old king wife was amusing. .

Reply 18#18 bala's post

Have you missed episode 5 or was it not worth commenting on

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Episode 5 i forgot to comment on because i kind of was distracted during this episode.

124 1234567
Thread