Thread
Printable Version

Vikings Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x02 Kill the Queen

I'm impressed that Queen Kwenthrith defended herself when they ordered them to kill her rather than let her be rescued

4x03 Mercy

Gisla telling Rollo what she thinks of him was great as this time she said it in English and you had to feel sorry for Floki when he found out his daughter had died, Bjorn taking down the grizzly bear was impressive

4x04 Yol

Rollo managing to win over his new bride, Gisla before the annulment was surprising

Reply 104#104 codebreaker's post

That was one thing i never quite understood with Gisla at start she was talking french but by the next couple of episodes she was speaking English so i wasn't sure if they pointed out at start Rolla didn't understand french and since he wanted to impressed her he learnt french and once he understood it they change it english so that we understood both of them understanding each other.

I thought cleaver way to make them understand each other if you think deeply about it

Reply 106#106 codebreaker's post

There were my favorite couple of this season

4x05 Promised

Lagertha making Kalf think they were getting married only to kill him was devious

4x06 What Might Have Been

Alfred having to walk about 12 miles a day to cover 11,000 miles is barbaric and it looks like Yidu is keeping Ragnar doped up for some sort of plan of her own

4x07 The Profit and the Loss

Failing to breach Rollo's defences was a little predictable and Lagertha was lucky to survive her ground attack but the attack on their camp was surprising

4x08 Portage

Ragnar's plan to carry the fleet of ships over the cliff face sounded crazy but never the less it was impressive and it's a good job Gisla said she was pregnant as the French were about to turn their backs on him, Count Odo getting whipped was great

Reply 116#116 codebreaker's post

Count Odo getting whipped was amusing but the fact that she convinced him was brilliant but what she did just make that happen was amazing taking that many whipping just so she can gain his trust . .

4x09 Death All 'Round

What they did to the villagers was sickening as they were unarmed and didn't put up a fight and Lagertha loosing her child was a little predictable with all that hard work moving the fleet across the mountains, Bjorn was lucky she choose to kill her husband instead

Thread