Thread
Printable Version

Top of the Lake Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Top of the Lake Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Top of the Lake Premiered on Sundance on March 18, 2013

Top of the Lake is a drama series created by Jane Campion and Gerard Lee. The series is set in New Zealand and is a powerful and haunting story. A twelve-year-old girl who is five months pregnant is found standing chest deep in a frozen lake and refuses to say who the baby's father is. After she suddenly disappears Robin Griffin finds herself being tested to the limits as she tries to investigate the case.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Top of the Lake Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-21-2013 12:44 ]

1x01 Pilot

You can understand why Detective Robin Griffin wanted all the men out the room to question the pregnant 12-year-old, Tui but her writing no one on a piece of paper when asked who the father is was amusing, it took me a while to recognised Holly Hunter as GJ but you can't mistake her voice

1x02 Episode 2

I'm not surprised they found Bob Platt in the lake after being dragged through the water by Matt, walking into the bar and putting money on the counter saying this is for sex was amusing as all the guys considered it

1x03 Episode 3

The perverted local being found hanged with a pair of pants over his head was obviously a message but him being responsible for Tui's disappearance would of been a little too convenient and what a great place to hide the entrance to the drug lab under the shower cubical

1x04 Episode 4

Matt is such an ass driving through the gate while one of the woman was climbing over it throwing her for six and I wouldn't be surprised if that violent encounter will jeopardizes Robin's future with local police but if I'm right and he's the guy who rapped her years ago he got what he deserved

1x05 Episode 5

Johnno not being able to do anything to help Robin when she was raped at 15 was sad but who would of thought the guy was still around so getting rid of him now was great and a dozen women paddling naked was a surprise, Johnno not wanting to delete the naked photos after confiscating the phone was amusing

1x06 Episode 6

What a tragedy after a group of Tui's friends went to celebrate her birthday unknowing they had been followed and I hope they are consequences for the men who chased the kid off the cliff

1x07 Episode 7

I thought Robin going to Matt's house alone was crazy and finding out he was her father was unexpected and thoroughly shocking as she thought she had been sleeping with her half brother until the found out Matt wasn't his father and Tui shooting Matt for taking the baby was a surprise and a bigger surprise he was the babies father as she was only 12 years old but the others also being involved in the child sex ring was disgusting

Top of the Lake: Launch Trailer - BBC Two

This has now been added to the flash site

Thread