50 123
Thread
Printable Version

WPC 56 (BBC ONE ) General Discussion

WPC 56 (BBC ONE ) General Discussion

Starts Starts March 18th 2013

WPC 56 is a drama series which follows the fortunes of police officer Gina Dawson, who faces a dificult battle to create a successful career for herself during the male-dominated world of the 1950s.

BBC WEBSITE

[ Last edited by bala at 3-26-2013 17:02 ]

wpc 56 trailer

1X01 Sink or Swim

Gina being asked to make tea was amusing and typical for the era and giving her an office that looked like a broom closet was cruel and I can't believe she fell flat on her face chasing a suspect but catching them later was great as he was an informant that was let go earlier, the attack on the young woman was interesting as the it was obvious the victim was lying about who attack her but another attack while their suspect is locked up will be interesting

1X02 Memories are Made of This

Sgt Fenton is a nasty piece of work after the way he treated the call girl who reported her attack while they had a suspect locked up and trust Eddie to arrest Sgt  Pratt's son, Jack's wife bringing his diner to the pub was amusing

1X03 Great Pretenders

After Fenton threatened to ruin Gina's careerer I was glad his sting on the bank raid went wrong but disappointed he fond them later and a third attack on young ladies because Fenton arrested the wrong man was diabolical

1X04 Nature of the Beast

Eddie getting stabbed was unfortunate but it could of been a lot worse if Gina wasn't there and Jack having his wife committed was the right thing to do as she was going of the rails for a while, Fenton giving money to the young mother looked good but knowing it was some of the money from the bank job is sickening and Cathy getting slapped by her boyfriend was sad

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-10-2014 19:00 ]

1X05 Little Boy Lost

Gina turning down Franks proposal was predictable as it was her mother pushing for it and Gina's putting her life in danger in the attempt to lure the killer out by going under cover was risky but after Pete spoiled the sting and leaving her behind was beyond belief and Jack's wife committing suicide was tragic

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

She did say she wouldn't care if they stick her in the broom cupboard but she did seem rather eager to be a cop but what did she expect being only female cop in that station . Sending her out on a dog case was amusing but getting dog and suspect was great.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I hated Fenton from the start and my frustration grew stronger every episode

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well we need bad guy to hate on tv series . He is annoying

Reply 15#15 bala's post

The way they treat the female officer in this is so different to Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I think we need remember this was 1950's and both those show were set 1970's from what i remember?

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Jack wife does seem rather desperate trying make herself happy i feel like she heading for mental breakdown .

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well so glad women decided to actually stop Donald from going to jail for 50 years but that was a close call thank Gina talking to her.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-28-2013 15:44 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 3-28-2013 00:01  
Gina turning down Franks proposal was predictable as it was her mother pushing for it and Gina's putting her life in danger in the attempt to lure the killer out by going under cover was risky but aft ...
Wow if after all that Gina doesn't get the respect but having been caught kissing a married man made it not as good. That punch was well deserved.

50 123
Thread