66 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Rectify Seasons 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rectify Seasons 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Rectify Premiered on Sundance on April 22, 2013

Rectify follows the life of Daniel Holden upon his release from jail after serving nineteen years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence disputed the State's original case. Holden, who was only eighteen years of age when convicted and sentenced to die for the brutal rape and murder of a sixteen year old girl, returns to his family and to his hometown where the murder occurred and where many still believe he is guilty. Daniel spent all of his adult life waiting to die. Now he must learn how to live again or decide if he even wants to while others choose whether or not he will have that chance.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Rectify Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-14-2017 07:42 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-27-2013 09:51 ]

1x01 Always There

Daniel spending half his life on death row to then be realised on a DNA technicality would be great for his family but going back home to where it all happened would be hard for the victims family as they have no idea who the killer is, the guy in the woods killing himself must mean there's more to this than realised

Given this show a miss just doesn't interest me

Reply 4#4 bala's post

After the suicide I would like to know if Daniel was the killer or the guy that killed himself but it's more likely to be someone else

1x02 Sexual Peeling

I can understand why Amantha fears for Daniel safety when he gets reacquainted with the town by himself knowing there are some who think he's still guilty, how embarrassing for Amantha being caught giving a blow-job through the window, Ted Jr. thinking he's guilty has got to be a bad start as he's family

1x03 Modern Times

Amantha should be more careful of the creaking floorboard outside Daniel's room and Jared getting mysterious texts about killing Amantha was creepy but I'm surprised the suicide guys body hasn't been found

1x04 Plato's Cave

Daniel keeping his mother calm in front of the reporters was great and Tawney getting close to Daniel was a surprise but what Susan offered was an even bigger surprise and I'm not talking about the hair cut

1x05 Drip, Drip

Tawney talking Daniel into getting baptised was bound to cause conflict with the family but with her husband Ted Jr. not convinced he's not guilty was only making things worse until the cliffhanger and still no news on the suicide in the woods is bizarre

1x06 Jacob's Ladder

I'm glad he didn't kill Ted Jr. but giving him a taste of what happened to him in prison was a surprise, the end was disappointing not knowing if he survived the beating but I would like to think the urine on him would lead to his attackers and from the end of the first episode to the end of the last to find out what happened to the suicides body was frustrating

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-4-2014 16:36 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-21-2014 06:36 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-28-2014 11:04 ]

2x01 Running With The Bull

This was another show I had to re-watch the last episode, Daniel's vision of his cell mate after being sent to death row was obviously his ghost and surviving that beating was lucky but as he's in a coma there could be brain damage, I'm sure one of the attackers was a police officer which will make bringing him to justice a lot harder

2x02 Sleeping Giants

Daniel being held in an induced coma is a nice way to use his dreams as a flashback to his time in prison and looks like time has run out for one of the attackers as he was seen urinating on Daniel

66 1234
Thread