65 1234
Thread
Printable Version

The Fosters Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Fosters Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Premieres on ABC family on June 03, 2013

The Fosters is a compelling, one-hour drama about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms. Stef Foster (Teri Polo), a dedicated police officer, and her partner Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), a school Vice Principal, have built a close-knit, loving family with Stef's biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin). Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell), a hardened teen with an abusive past who has spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it's just for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.

Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling with their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren't sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.

Brandon, a talented musician with a kind soul, lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters' high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He's faced with a tough decision when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past. What happens next will determine if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home - and their hearts - for one more.

From executive producer Jennifer Lopez, and created by Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige, who will also serve as writers and executive producers, The Fosters stars Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, newcomer Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci and Cierra Ramirez. Joanna Johnson, Elaine Goldsmith Thomas, Benny Medina and Greg Gugliotta will also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by Nuyorican Productions, Inc., and Prodco, Inc.

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 5-30-2013 16:39 ]

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Ok i try my best not to be judgemental but i like the show the first episode was good but glad jude turned out be her brother not a bad guy which was a nice surprise. Wow talk about all potential storyline they mentioned in first episode.

I like Callie but i just felt the episode was way too rushed because ABC family has a habit throwing us into new series and we have figure out what's going on but trailer above tell us the highlights of first episode.

History of ABC Family shows
1) Secret life of american teenager ( Dealing with teen pregancy)
2) Lincoln Height ( Dealing with black family )
3) Make it or break it ( Dealing teen gymnastics/teen sport )
4)Nine lives of Chole King ( ABC Family attempt at a sci-fi show)
5)Switch at Birth (Dealing with Deaf kids)
6) The Fosters ( Dealing with lesbian couple who are foster carer )

I think they covered most teen issues so where can they go ? .

Consequently

Wow this is so ridiculous i mean the drug search and get caught is one thing but blame it on Callie was wrong but than not having the guts own up to selling drug and letting you brother take the fall was rather annoying.    .

I am not surprised Brandon girlfriend is jealous of Callie because she can see he likes her i hope they don't hook up because than it's just too predictable.

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes but she still let her brother take the fall .

Good on Jesus kissing that girl but blaming the medication was amusing.

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes now we just need to find Mariana a boyfriend than we can get this series going.

I just have feeling Callie will always be the scape goat when something goes wrong in the family.

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Yes but she should kept it in a drawer instead leaving it on the desk and i feeling Liam is their father ?.

Brandon has a tough decision choosing between his mother and father but i like that father gave him time to think about it but in the end it does seem like he chose his mother . I am guessing the reason he would stay mother would be because if he went live with his father the actor could be written out of the show since show revolves around foster home.

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Well it's a good thing he dumped her she only got herself to blame

The Morning After

Well Zeus getting a women to buy him the morning after pill was unfortunate since his mother caught him and forced to tell them his girlfriend might be pregnant but glad she was able to take it.

Jude nail polish situation was interesting

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Well Callie told him not to wear it and he didn't listen but the advice he got might be different if he had a man in his life it's clear he look up to her sister and wants to be like her but certain things really need to be explained to a young boy .

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes she did a good job of explaining it even through i don't think he understood what she trying to say to him but having his friend also wear nail polish was a nice thing for other boy to do.

Saturday

Well we finally meet Liam who was rather scary but i can't believe she risk it knowing what he was like and now the question is what will she do with one of her foster mother a cop the solution should be simple.

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

I liked how she used it blackmail them into doing what she wanted

Clean

Well this was nice cliffhanger but you can tell from above promo who was injuried .

Vigil

Glad she's ok but what a revealing flashback at the end so he had no gun when he got shot .

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

If eye witness Mariana and Jesus's mother says he was unarmed when he got shot and consider his drinking problem this could possible make things a lot worse . . Stef keeping this secret is going create tension

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Let hope so but when mike shot him he was unarmed the only reason why mike shot him was because Stef was shot if they asked him did he see a gun when he entered the room ?.

I Do

Well for a season finale i expected a cliffhanger however callie leaving was surprise leaving Jude behind because she knew he had good place but she really did mean what she said about being selfless.

ABC Family Adopts a Second Season of The Fosters

ABC Family has announced that it would really like to be considered a Serious Network. Or at least that's what I'm getting out its decision to to renew one-hour drama The Fosters for Season 2, before Season 1 has even finished production. The series recently won a Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Show, and is the number-one new cable series for viewers 12-34 and females 12-34.

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Yes i had a feeling she would come back but i was worried when she start that conversation with one of the street hookers. . That was some awful wardrobe choices she look like dress up doll .

House and Home

Great casting decision getting Rose o Donel she really was excellent in this episode i really hope she stays on for more episodes   .

That hug at the end was amazing

65 1234
Thread