Thread
Printable Version

The Returned (Channel 4) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Returned (Channel 4) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Returned Premiered on Channel 4 on June 09, 2013

The Returned is French supernatural thriller set in a small Alpine village where those some of those living there find themselves in a state of confusion, as they attempt to return to their homes unaware of the fact they have been dead for quite a few years.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Returned Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-16-2013 14:11 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

As this is originally a French drama I would expect subtitles

1x01 Camille

I was right about the subtitles and starting with the coach crash was what I expected but jumping to present day without knowing when the coach crashed was a little confusing but Camille walking home after the accident as if she was just late was bizarre as it was obvious from the support group meeting they all died, Lena's reaction to seeing Camille was understandable but if it's been a few years why didn't Camille question her parents why everyone is so much older and I hope we find out why the barmaid got stabbed, finding out the accident was four years ago and Lena and Camille were twins made the girls reaction when they saw each other more understandable as Camille hadn't aged

1x02 Simon

How tragic that Adele tells Simon she is pregnant before their wedding and then thinks she had been stood up when he's late but to be told he's dead has got to be the worst thing ever, Lena still having trouble coming to terms with Camille coming back from the dead is understandable as you would think it's impossible and what a cruel twist of fate that Simon would also return just as Adele is planing her second wedding but getting arrested by her husband was another strange twist of fate and the dog attack was kind of amusing as he obviously didn't want to be stuffed

Les Revenants They Came Back (2004)

I found a copy of the original film with English subtitles and right from the start this had The 4400 feel to it but with 70 million dead people returning rather than the abducted from The 4400, Julie asking her grandmother what it was like to be dead was what you would expect from a child and the only difference between the dead and living was their body temperature but they did walk like zombies, Mathieu talking about Rachel as if it was just two weeks and not two years was understandable but his story of what happened the day he died was sad, them all dying as quick as they returned without explanation was bizarre

1x03 Julie

The subway killer getting another victim was tragic but finding out Julie was seven years before the barmaid was a surprise but does explain her scares and Camille joking about getting cancer from a cigarette was amusing, I was surprised he gave her a cigarette at her age but wanting to dress like her twin sister interesting as she is now four years older and that was quick thinking changing her name but it was obvious she recognised her and the kid getting rid of the nosy neighbour was creepy

1x04 Victor

You can understand why Victor wet himself in the cupboard after hearing the gun shots but getting shot was tragic until you realised it was a nightmare which was a surprise but Victor recognising the voice from his nightmare must be how he died in the first place and it was only a matter of time before the neighbour's body was found, Simon hiding in the attic is risky considering there are cameras about the house but in a roundabout way it's a good thing as he has an alibi, Lena's scar growing is bizarre

1x05 Serge et Toni

Saving the girl in costume that was stabbed was great but burying her attacker while he was alive was a surprise and Camille telling Simon we zombies should stick together was amusing but moving in with them should of keep him safe until he was shot by Adele's new partner and Camille shouting at her dad when he caught her kissing was a big mistake as she was pretending to be a cousin as she died four years ago, Victor confronting his killer was a surprise

1x06 Lucy

I know Camille shouting at her dad was a big mistake and I didn't think the boyfriend would open up her coffin but finding it full of water was a surprise and what Lucy said to Camille's father while making out was creepy, introducing Camille to the other parents of the kids that died with her in the bus crash was a bad idea as it was obvious they would say why her and not their kids but Simon coming back after being shot was great as it looks like his first death might not be suicide

1x07 Adèle

Simon taking a look at the circumstances surrounding his first death was predictable after the last episode and showing Claire that well equipped cellar was interesting as it even got an operating room, Camille seeing the couple hanging after she spoke to them was sad but I have a felling they didn't commit suicide and arresting Simon again after being dead a second time is bound to make thing awkward for the cop who killed him, trying to get away with Victor was strange as they seamed to be going around in circles as they went over the same dam about four times

1x08 La horde

No wonder they cant find out who Victor is as his name was Louis 35 years ago when the dam burst and Julie trying to save the guy who saved her in the subway was interesting as she had no idea her attacker was his brother but all the dead going away was predictable but some of the living going with them was an interesting twist, the final gun battle being because Adèle was pregnant with Simon child was bizarre as you could only hear it

Thread