47 123
Thread
Printable Version

Hit the Floor Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hit the Floor Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Series premiere May 27, 2013

HIT THE FLOOR follows the lives and loves of the Los Angeles Devil Girls, the premiere dance team in all of professional basketball. At its heart is Ahsha, a sheltered young woman who joins the team against the wishes of her mother Sloane, who knows this treacherous, tempting world all too well having been a Devil Girl herself. Olivia is the shrewd squad manager, Jelena is the star dancer who won't let anyone else share the spotlight and Pete Davenport is the former All-Star who's come back to coach his old team.

In series, Ahsha takes her tentative first steps as a Los Angeles Devil Girl, including orientation and first practices. Meanwhile Jelena seethes over Ahsha being let on the team and targets not just her but also Olivia for going against her to make it happen. Raquel has her hands full with her ex while Kyle makes the most of her new gig, seducing the Hollywood elite who fill the front row.

Ahsha starts to taste celebrity and experience the high life in Hollywood. Temptations become harder to resist. As a result, her relationship with German starts becoming strained. As Ahsha is drawn more and more to Derek, she finds herself torn between her old life and her exciting new one.

Jelena also experiences romantic trials with Terrence as their relationship is put to the test by how ambitious Jelena is, and how far she's willing to go to maintain her position at the top. Meanwhile, how far Olivia went to succeed back in the day gets dredged up by the return of fellow original Devil Girl and former best friend Sloane. Their complicated past haunts them both and threatens to unearth in a big way in the present.

All the while, the mystery surrounding the disappearance of missing dancer Mia continues to grow, threatening to blow the roof off the entire L.A. Devils organization.

Show Site

Hit The Floor + Supertrailer + VH1

Series Premiere’

Ahsha skipping her bank interview to try out for devil girls was a surprise to her mother and she was shocked since she didn't want her daughter being one but she really drop a bombshell on the coach of basketball . That's no way to tell him that but it should lead interesting discussion in the next episode.

Honestly this is an ok first episode hope they add to storyline because if it's just dance routines this will get a bit boring. I have high hopes because Single ladies which was VH1 first drama series was rather good and that's main reason why i decided to give this series a shot.

Game On’

Well that was awful thing of Jelena to tell Asha who her dad was considering she had no idea but all because the boss wanted give Asha the lead was rather stupid. I am glad she know but Jelena could easily kept that bombshell for more important event later on ?.

The Mia disappearance is only interesting thing about this show but the mysterious envelope of cash look like blackmail money and one managers going through Devil girls uniform did look rather strange.

I am glad see some more secrets are revealing .

1x01 Pilot

When I first saw this advertised I thought it was a reality show not a scripted drama and not the sort of show you would associate with Dean Cain, Ahsha auditioning against the wishes of her mother was interesting as it looked like her mother was hopping Olivia wouldn't pick her after they spoke but Pete being her father was an interesting twist

1x02 Game On

Jelena targeting Ahsha in the photo shoot was interesting but telling her who her father is was cruel and the player telling Pete he saw Ahsha first was amusing

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I was surprised Dean Cain was in it but he must be desperate for acting jobs which is a shame because he is a good actor granted he's getting older .

I think much better series title would be Devil's Girls

Reply 7#7 bala's post

This reminds me of Hellcats

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well i was thinking same thing but this is more professional but i was wondering if Aisha boyfriend would try out for the basketball team since i was thinking coach would discover him ?

1x03 Out of Bounds’

Ahsha dealing with finding out who her father is but begging to get 3rd chance was lucky because regardless of the circumstances this professional organisation so she lucky the boss was very understanding. I understand she's upset but you still get on with the job you can't keep making excuses for your absence.

Maybe this is just me but that cheerleading routine seem a bit too adult rated consider it's for a basketball game you have children in the audience ?. I realise this was late night tv but you have wonder how close routines are to real thing ?.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Considering Ahsha walked out after what Jelena told her you couldn't tell they was one down in their performance and Olivia giving her another chance was understandable after what she was told

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

True you couldn't tell but Olivia really put the hammer down on Jelena i am surprised she has threaten to fire her. She is the manager so she could easily fire Jelena .

Trust Rick Fox to make an appearance in this show

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Jelena being the mean girl is predictable but she must have something on Olivia because she didn't seam worried about her threats

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Oh i already have a clue on that it has to do with Mia

This has now been added to the flash site

1x04 Rebound

It was obvious Jelena was going to secretly sets up Ahsha to fail her photo shoot for the calendar when she gave up her February spot but she lucky the camera didn't catch her bikini malfunction and turning it into a dance photo shoot  was great

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Yes glad she found a way to get confidence in doing the photo shoot but Jelena going over the camera footage was rather odd consider how was she able get the footage when she had no access ?.  Knowing she going to send that Ahsha boyfriend is going to be interesting.

Keep Away

That was sneaky invite Ashia boyfriend to the event and stir up some trouble for her but just as she getting to know her dad her mother tell her what really happened which was sad because people do change you can't blame someone for the choices there made when there were younger.

1x05 Keep Away

Interesting twist with the missing microphone and Ahsha not liking what Sloane was hiding about the past should of been predictable

47 123
Thread