76 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Masters of Sex Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Masters of Sex Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Masters of Sex Premieres on Showtime on September 29, 2013

MASTERS OF SEX is a one-hour drama starring Emmy® and BAFTA Award nominee Michael Sheen and acclaimed actress Lizzy Caplan, who will portray the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson. The series chronicles the unusual lives, romance, and pop culture trajectory of Masters and Johnson. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a midwestern teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine and nearly a dozen appearances on Johnny Carson's couch.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Masters of Sex Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-3-2013 20:42 ]

I am probably not going to watch this because it does sound like pervert show ?

Masters of Sex Official Trailer

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-19-2013 17:59 ]

This has now been added to the flash site

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-23-2013 19:02 ]

1x01 Pilot

I didn't realise this is based in the 60's which makes what he was doing a lot more adventurous and Ethan having to examine the bosses wife could be embarrassing but Virginia laid back relationship with Ethan isn't what you expect for this era but him falling for her and then the fight was a surprise and how can you get aroused with all those wires getting in the way, Masters wanting to sleep with Virginia for the sake of science should make things interesting

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I wasn't planning on watching this but when this got added and it's free at the moment how could i not at least watch the first episode. Now i agree that Virginia attitude is rather surprising but i think that something happen to her to make her the way she is but i have to say the way she inserted herself into Master trial was impressive but the offer at end i am not surprised she had to think about it but i am surprised she didn't ask him 'whether the only reason she got hired was because he wanted to sleep with her ?' i was expecting some sort feedback so i was left rather disappointed.

I am surprised Virgina didn't tell his wife that the reason she can't get pregnant is because of Master infertility? - That was implied from what i gather ? even through she has no evidence.

[ Last edited by bala at 9-17-2013 14:42 ]

Race to Space

This episode was leaked on internet so Spoilers are included in this commentary

Well so much to discuss not sure where to start. Virgina going through all the scenario in her head regarding what she was going to say to Master and than finding out the study was over and she was fired but than able to get back in thanks to Betty was good. I also found it amusing when Master got caught in police raid but trying to explain it to his wife meant telling her what study was and what she willing to do was surprising.

The women thinking she had a terminal disease when it turned out she only needed Glasses was priceless.

I have to say using a comic for the ending monologue was interesting.

1x02 Race to Space

Having the police raid the brothel was amusing and if it wasn't Ethan who sabotaged the hospital sex trial could it be the hooker so she could get her own way and how long is Masters going to put Libby through all those pointless tests when he's the one with the low sperm count

1x03 Standard Deviation

Gina liking her ass slapped while she orgasmed was amusing and the other one still wanted to be paid after faking hers was priceless, the gay sex study was a surprise and about time Libby found out the truth about William's sperm count but getting pregnant was a shock, the quadruplets all surviving was great

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-21-2013 08:43 ]

76 1234
Thread